Nosey neighbors

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 12:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nosey neighbors

So I finally got up and detailed the truck today. You know it was just a regular day down here in south mississippi. When I mean regular I mean hot real hot and humid, blah. I get out my truck cleaning stuff, my pressure washer, and my regular hose. I start off by cleaning all the left over mud and what not from previous mud riding outings. Then I start to wash and out comes my neighbor from across the street and just watches me. Stands there and watches me wash my truck. I asked him if he needed something he replied "Nope just watching you and watching how you wash your truck." I was thinking ok WERID! I really don't talk to those neighbors caused they just moved in and block my drive by parking on the oppsite of the street right infront of the drive way so it is hard for me to get out. Anyway he leaves and now I am at claybaring stage. My other neighbor comes out he drives a corvette and also has the srt8 charger. He comes over and was like what are you doing? Claybaring my truck sir. He was like what is that?? I always see you out here washing your truck after you go and get it dirty and then the next day its all clean. It looks better than my cars most of the time. So I explained what a claybar is and the stages I go through cleaning my truck. He leaves after a few minutes of watching me. Now I am waxing and its dark outside now I could barely see where I put the wax. My other neighbor that I know pretty well. He comes over is like damn you always doing something to this thing weahther its getting it dirty, cleaning, putting something on it, or just pulling something with it. I said I know I use my truck for what its purpose was for. He laughed and said you wanna wash my truck I said nope wash it yourself. This guys is like 40ish and ex seabee, but he is a good guy. By then I was done for the night to tired to start the inside.

So the bottom line is this always seems to happend when I get out there and wash wax ect.... Somebody stops by coming through the neighborhood and ask me how to do something or just watch me. Not mention those crazy new folks across the street watch me from there front portch.

Does this happend to any of yall??

Old 07-18-2006, 12:39 AM
Talking Join da Club

My girlfriend and I are up and outside EVERY saturday morning at 05:30am to wash my truck, before the AZ comes up, over the horizon. My neighbors (neither of which wash their vehicles) are always making comments like, I'll bring mine over when your done, etc. They comment like your going to wash the paint off of that truck, etc. I'm 56 years old, washing is not as easy as it was 10 years ago, but the alternative (brush carwashes) is not even an option, at this point in life, maybe later on, not now though.
BUT when I pull out a claybar, or buffer, they just shake their heads and go inside the house. Oh well.

Old 07-18-2006, 01:02 AM
I get the same comments from the new neighbors next door. It was funny when the old neighbors (we miss them) said stuff, but the new ones are pains in the *** sometimes. I sometimes play ignorant and no sense of humour and say " no, actually I'm trying just to get the dirt off" pointing out the obvious. When I wax it, leave me the F@#$ alone, it is my day with my truck to make it beautiful, not Ed's day to break my *****. The worst is he low talks so I'm always saying what or ignoring. I don't want to talk. Why can't people understand? They complain about my mom's louder voice once early in the morning. I thaught, just say something to her and you'll see how loud and volger it gets. They also complain about how loud my truck is late at night or in the morning, boo hoo. Wait till my 650 hp Galaxie is done, with dual 3" exhaust, and open headers most times. Point is, unless your hot (girls across the street who actually say little, more like "looks good') leave me alone. Quit breaking my *****, and don't talk or come over, this takes enough time without talking about the same crap we did last week. I'm 25 and they are 60 something. The list goes on but my fingers are tired so ya, your not the only one that this happens to.

Old 07-18-2006, 01:21 AM
There is really nothing more annoying then someone who asked if you'll do their vehicle when your done. It's humerous the first or second time you hear it but after that it gets real old. To me, detailing is a form of therapy. I am alone with my truck, away from work and no one around to bother me. The last thing I want to hear is someone with their smart alick remarks. Luckly I don't have any neighbors like you guys do. All my neighbors do is say how nice my truck looks.

When I originally started working for Home Depot I had a similiar annoyance. I started off by loading vehicles and when I told the customer to hold on for a second that I needed someone to give me a hand they would immedietly start clapping. Again, it was alright the first or second time but it quickly turned into an annoyance. After being there a week you learn to never say things like "I need a hand."

-Chris

Old 07-18-2006, 01:25 AM
ths is too funny, i wash my vehicals once sometimes twice a week. my neibors always tell me im going to wash the paint of it, or ask u can do mine next, lol i think there all the same.

Old 07-18-2006, 03:26 AM
Know what you guy's mean. I've had the same neighbor for 15 years or so. And every freaking time I'm cleaning one of our vehicles, I got to hear the same D***, "Want to do mine next?". I'd been hearing this same S*** for 15 years, It Ain't Funny anymore!! The last couple of times, I told him "Yeah, sure, and I'll only charge you $200.00 just for the exterior". You know, I think it finally worked as the last time he came out, waved and went about his business. Thank God!

Old 07-18-2006, 08:46 AM
Im glad Im not alone here. I clean my truck 3 times a week. I only drive it once during the week and on the weekends. (Black screw) All the people around my house think Im nuts.

Old 07-18-2006, 09:23 AM
And then there's touching. I know there are scratches, rock chips and crap like that, no need to take your finger and rub it. That's not going to fix anything, my temper maybe when I beat your dumbass with a shovel! Thanks for pointing out the obvious. Ya, it's ****, but wait till my other cars done, a car that will be nothing but shine all the time taking everything I've learned, like a detailing exam. See how **** that can be. This crap comes from my father who is **** and my grandfather (met once and immediately pointed out how they are so similar that way).

Old 07-18-2006, 10:31 AM
People just don't understand. My neighbors always seem to come out and ask me what i'm doing.... Now seriously how F'n stupid are some people. I mean I have two buckets filled with soap and water. I wonder...

Always get comments like theres no need to wash a vehicle every weekend. Well you know what, there is a need if I want to have a clean truck. It bothers me so bad how people will spend $30k-$50 on a vehicle and not even take care of it!! I get so mad.

Old 07-18-2006, 11:07 AM
I forgot to add that in addition to the cars, he breaks my ***** about every home improvement I do. "When are you painting the garage?" is all I heard until I told him I'm not ever because he bugs me too much. Now it's the aluminum awnings- same crap! I finally told him the garage will be pepto pink with olive drab cammo and huge swastikas, but on his side only. The awnings are going to be desert storm cammo. This shut the ol' bastard up for a little. I hate when people nag me about my own stuff. They aren't your parents telling you to clean your room so shut up. When I want to finish something, I'll do it when I'm ready. Friends, I have neighbor issues, and Ed is just one of two. My old lady thinks he's trying to mow my grass too, and kinda pedaphile like. I agree!

Good topic, let's us vent.

Old 07-18-2006, 11:25 AM
I am glad I don't have any neighbors like you guys do....sheesh!

I wash my truck at least once a week, tires and rims twice a week.

I bought some clay last weekend and plan to do my this week while the wife is out of town.

Hope I don't get any interruptions.

Old 07-18-2006, 01:19 PM
I don't mind the qeuistions, I enjoy showing my neighbors how to do things correctly .. (but it helps that none of my neighbors are idiots)

I am usually the one that walks up to other people in the neighborhood and watches what they are doing .. offering suggestions

there is a 16 year old kid down the street that has a sweet sounding early 70's black El Camino .. after watching him scrub the crap out of it three of four times using a loofa .. I waited until the next time I saw hime getting ready to wash it .. I rolled me cart up the street, and spent abuot 3 hours showing him to properly take care of his truck/car..

flip side of it is I get 3 or 4 neighborhood cars a month, probably due to all of the "goodwill" and the fact that they always see me polishing on something.

Old 07-18-2006, 05:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My neighbors are all pretty much clean freaks so no questions asked when its wash time.

Old 07-18-2006, 05:40 PM
Well I just moved a couple weeks ago and no nosey neighbor experience thus far but.... My old neighbor was just like me, but worse. He had pretty much the Chevy version of my truck, Stepside fender flares exhaust etc....He literally washed his truck every day. He worked nights at the Exxon Refinery so I guess he washed it because all of the fumes in the air at his workplace, or maybe he was just a wannabe fordguy? WHo knows.

Old 07-18-2006, 11:37 PM
My neighbors ask me occasionally if i'll wash their cars after i'm done with mine. I like my neighbors so i just let it go through one ear and out the other. I think some people just say it to be outgoing and friendly, but i can understand some can be really annoying that say it all the time.

Quick Reply: Nosey neighbors