what kind of wax

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 02:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what kind of wax

just brought home my 05 fx4. as soon as i got it home i waxed it with meguires cleaner wax.
i live in wisconsin and we love to pile salt on the road in the winters. and like another thread was talking about, it is very hard to get your truck washed in the winter without freezing every moving part of the truck, especially the doors (unless you have a big heated garage, which i do not).

my question is: 1) did i use the right wax for the first wax job ( i guess its to late either way)
2) what else can i do to protect the paint throughout the winter and keep it looking good.
3) and what type of wax do i need for the 2nd 3rd etc... coats

Old 11-02-2005, 06:22 AM
1. The Meguiar's cleaner wax is OK, but you might want to consider Mothers FX Synwax or Meguiar's NXT.

2. Keep the salt off the vehicle with gentle, but thorough washings... if possible. Use one of those touchless (wand) car washes to get underneath the vehicle.

3. I would try topping your current layer, or whatever you decide to put on there with some Mothers Reflections Top Coat, or Meguiar's carnauba. (#26)

Old 11-07-2005, 06:26 PM
wax

I live in Vermont and we love salt to. I use Mothers three phase wax. It takes about a half of day but is worth it. First phase is pre-wax cleaner, takes off old wax and dirt. Second is Sealer and Glazer and last phase is carnuba wax. The end results are well worth the wait and it lasts longer than regular waxing.

Quick Reply: what kind of wax