color wax

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 07:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
color wax

Anyone use that wax that is the color of your vehicle to hide scratches etc? I have a black truck so it shouldn't be hard to match the color...just not sure if this stuff works or not.

Old 10-26-2005, 07:05 AM
If it were that easy......we would all be using it?? There really are not shortcuts.

#1 Time and effort to obtain a great finish
#2 Time and effort to maintain a great finish

Old 10-26-2005, 09:46 AM
color wax

i have been using colored wax for about 41/2 years now and it does cover small sratches and not the big ones although i do notice a difference. my truck now is dark blue i used blue wax for a while but found out black had better effect on it . i try to wax twice a month.

Old 10-26-2005, 10:23 AM
My 1996 F150 is green, faded and dull. If I keep using the "green" on it after about every 4th car wash it keeps it looking good and shiny.

Old 10-26-2005, 10:53 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
While it may be an option to cover some blemishes, generally speaking, it's more of a gimmick than something that is tried and true in my opinion.

While I've used it, it was a LONG time ago on a red Geo Prizm. For a 'one-step' product, it might get you by... if you want to correct your dull and faded finish that might have some swirling and such, there are MUCH better ways to go that will yield quality results that will last and your finish will be better protected.

I think many of us here will agree... the wax/polish/car care world is one of those businesses where you get what you pay for with very few exceptions.

RP

Quick Reply: color wax