? For Guys with Black trucks.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 06:52 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good, now that you've finally come to your senses, go to your room and don't come out until you're truly sorry!

Old 07-28-2005, 01:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black does look nice when taken care of, but being the perfectionist I am, that isn't possible. We have one black vehicle (Nissan Maxima) in my household and it shows every chip, scratch, and most of all, swirls! It is a never-ending, uphill battle. I think for black to truly look good, it would have to have someone with too much time take care of it from day one. I have seen black cars on the lot that already looked like garbage! The way I see it, go with a dark color if you like the gloss and reflection of black. Something like true blue is almost as shiny and deep as black, but not impossible to maintain. It is much harder than white or silver, but I think it is a good compromise. I guess this would be as good of a time as any to show off my truck It almosty looks black in this shot. Shiny, but manageable

Old 08-03-2005, 07:22 PM
Black is the best

Black looks so good, but it is a hassle to take care of, YOU have to dry it fast and properly, water marks stand out so bad, I dont have a problem with swirls or spiderwebing, but if it rains it stinks, water marks all over it, I clay, polish and wax it every 3-4 months, and wax certain area when needed, detail spray also, and in the winter with the salt on the roads,,, I just cry, If you can access my pics youll see my truck also thanks

Old 08-07-2005, 05:41 PM
[IMG]https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=6310[/IMG]

Gotta Love the Black when its cleaned up!!

Old 08-07-2005, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by mwarken
[IMG]https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=6310[/IMG]

Gotta Love the Black when its cleaned up!!
True, but it's such a bitch to keep that way. I went with Arizona Beige on the new Lariat. I'm not sorry a bit. Never thought I'd have a beige truck

Old 08-07-2005, 10:40 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
...and beige REALLY pops when it's cleaned up. In fact, it's almost hard to keep the metallic flake in the paint....

hindsight is 20/20.

LOL!

RP

Quick Reply: ? For Guys with Black trucks.....