? For Guys with Black trucks.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2005, 08:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unlimited Carwashes

Originally Posted by Oxlander
I would be interested in knowing more about the deal your local carwash has. I live just outside of Houston, Tx and to my knowledge no deal like that exists around here.

Ox
Hey Oxlander,

The website that i used to find participating car washes is www.gotcarwash.com. You enter your location and it will tell you the closest participating location. I did a search for you and the closest one to Humble, Tx is about 25 miles away.

Not sure if its worth if for you. My carwash is about 1 mile from where I live, so i will be squeazing every penny out of my $30/month membership. For about 10 dollars more you also get interior work done.

Old 07-23-2005, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by JorgeAguilar
Hey Oxlander,

The website that i used to find participating car washes is www.gotcarwash.com. You enter your location and it will tell you the closest participating location. I did a search for you and the closest one to Humble, Tx is about 25 miles away.

Not sure if its worth if for you. My carwash is about 1 mile from where I live, so i will be squeazing every penny out of my $30/month membership. For about 10 dollars more you also get interior work done.

hm sounds awesome- hope y'all enjoy yours. my nearest participating wash is 607 miles away.

Old 07-23-2005, 09:59 PM
I have a silver 02 FX4 supercab...

I think it looks nice as hell... but I would have bought a black one if I could have found a used 02/03 with under 60k miles on it :-p

Old 07-24-2005, 12:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
3 black trucks so far... '98 Ranger, '01 Ranger, 05 F150 FX4... Very sweet when clean. It gets at least a weekly bath, other wise the front wheels would look like the rest of the truck... BLACK!!! Time for new brake pads...
Black n chrome baby... the way to go.

Old 07-24-2005, 12:42 AM
I wouldnt want any other color, at least in a truck.
Sure it takes a little more work, but it is worth it. And it isnt that much more.
Guess I dont mind if it isnt showrrom perfect, its a truck after all.
Mine gets a quick spray at the carwash and spot free rinse every couple days with a coat of NXT every 3 weeks or so.

My truck is a 99 with a 130k miles and people still ask if its new. Its got a few scratches and a couple small dings but people still compliment me all the time on the shine.

This was a quick wash and a little Eagle One detail spray.

Sled...

Old 07-24-2005, 10:00 AM
Hi guys, Ok, how about a girl with a black truck? I am glad to run across this topic, i have had a heck of a time keeping my Black truck all shiny and i thought it was cause i just wasnt doing it right. My last 150 was a dark blue, looked purple in some lights and it wasnt nearly as hard to keep looking great, the worst is the yellow pollen making it look dusty all the time. I hand wash mine once a week, my old truck got stuck in the drivethru car wash twice and i wont take the new one in. The do it yourself car wash also leaves alot of water spots and i always ended up rewashing it at home but was good at blasting off the winter salt then taking it home and doing it by hand. I thought my favorite color was silver but black trucks just look hotter! Thanks for all the tips and just knowing im not alone helps.

Old 07-24-2005, 04:33 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Welcome to f150online.com Mary!

Old 07-24-2005, 09:39 PM
OK guys..The black is deffenatly awesome, and honestly, if the time comes to get a new truck here shortly and theres one on the lot, I may just have to grab it. It does look great when all shined up. Im just affraid of being to **** about it and never having enough time to keep it clean. Black and Chrome...there is no better combination. Just gotta decide if i'm up for the constant battle to keep 'er clean.

BREW

Old 07-25-2005, 06:19 AM
Thanks RockPick... I sure am enjoying all of these hot trucks, talk about eye candy!

Old 07-25-2005, 11:29 PM
Black Truck

This is my first post and my first truck.

I just bought a 05 F150 XLT Super Crew. Its got two tone paint ... black on top/arizona beige on the bottom and tan interior.

I was set on getting a silver or dark grey truck. I even test drove a couple, plus a red one.

And no matter how many friends told me black would be difficult to clearn, there was something about that big, shiny black truck parked at the dealer that was screaming at me - 'Take Me Home!'

When I got inside I loved it. Of course I also loved that it had the towing package I wanted, running boards, plus a 6 CD and MPE3 player in the dash.

Three hours later I drove away with my dream truck.

At work I usually park next to a maroon F150 Lariat. That's a beautiful truck, but there's something about my black F150 that just stands out.

I've had the truck three weeks and already gone through three car washes. But like some of the others, I love the look with the mud splashed all along the sides.

But in a day or two I'll be back at the car wash. Some may think I'm crazy, but it's a therapeutic way to end my day after a long day at the office.

Old 07-26-2005, 08:20 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by dianaeva
...But in a day or two I'll be back at the car wash. Some may think I'm crazy, but it's a therapeutic way to end my day after a long day at the office.
Please... just don't use the foamy brush at the wash...

Old 07-26-2005, 08:43 AM
Originally Posted by BREWDUDE
OK guys..The black is deffenatly awesome, and honestly, if the time comes to get a new truck here shortly and theres one on the lot, I may just have to grab it. It does look great when all shined up. Im just affraid of being to **** about it and never having enough time to keep it clean. Black and Chrome...there is no better combination. Just gotta decide if i'm up for the constant battle to keep 'er clean.

BREW

Brew, I always said I wouldnt own anything besides black vehicles. The 77 vette, the truck, the focus, all black. When I got my truck it was garaged everyday, and everyday I was out there with the QD and wash wax on the weekends. Now after 1.5 years I have rethought the whole black truck thing. If I was to NEVER take it offroad and never use it (trailering, long drives, fill the bed, etc) then I would go black again because nothing looks like black and chrome. But honestly my truck looks like hell right now. Mostly because of a dirty wax pad after 4 wheeling (tons of swirls and hazing) but also every little finger print, or even a leaf that touched the fender on a trail leaves a mark. I think if you dont mind the additional professional maintenance once a year and the **** quirks of the 2 bucket wash, microfiber towels, no offroading, etc. then black is by far the best. I am seriously thinking grey next time around and I am one who swore every vehicle will be black.

Old 07-26-2005, 09:57 AM
Its absolutely going to be the hardest decision I will ever have to make. Like I said earlier, when I seen the Yellow, I knew thats what I wanted and had to have. No problem deciding on that one. Just wish they still made it.

Only time will tell.

BREW

Old 07-27-2005, 06:49 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Brewdude,

Remember now, you work at a marina. That usually includes a boat yard - which almost never includes acres of pefectly paved (dust & dirt free) space. Put that together with a black truck and ... Well, you get the picture. All of the Ford trucks at the marina I work at are Oxford White - including mine. It doesn't look nearly as sexy as black, but it always looks clean. We had a black Excursion for a year a while back. No matter what we did, it looked like hell in five minutes. Dark colors are neat. Lighter colors are practical.

Old 07-27-2005, 07:11 PM
I know, I know...

what am I gonna do. Hell, all this worrying and I probably wont even get a new one. But I gotta be ready. I was actually looking around today as I was walking thru the yard, and man the dust is terrible. Guess I could always get a beater to drive to work. But that would be no fun...Oh well, I guess when the time comes I'll make up my mind,

BREW

Quick Reply: ? For Guys with Black trucks.....