? For Guys with Black trucks.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 01:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
black trucks do get dirty and they do show scratches but WHO CARES. i would have never gotten a different color. they do look awsome clean but they look just as good dirty if not better. all cars get scratches no matter what color they are. id say go for the black truck.

Old 07-22-2005, 04:34 PM
Well I know Hoss will not apperciate this, but I'll never own another black one again. It is a pain to constantly maintain it. It dose show EVERY imperfection and spiderwebbing is my biggest nemisis. It sure looks good when your done though.

If I were to ever get a new truck, I'd like to have the champain (sp) color, kinda like Deservit's truck. That color would be much easier to maintain.

Good luck on your choice.

Old 07-22-2005, 04:37 PM
I would not hesitate at all to buy the black. With the exception of 2 vehicles, all of mine have been black. Like most say, it's the most beautiful color when it's clean. Me, I don't care if it's clean or not. As a matter of fact, I think it looks good with some mud streaked down the sides!

Old 07-22-2005, 06:23 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
My next truck will be white or Arizona beige. Black doesn't really look that bad in any shape as a 10/10 color...look at it from 10 feet away or at 10 mph, and it looks great. Mine is like that, from a distance, it looks alright, up close in direct sunlight though, there's a lot of swirls and spiderwebbing. Black highlights any imperfections in the paint, every little dent, scratch, chip, and you'll know it. It does look good when someone in the know (ie. RP) works their magic on it.

Old 07-22-2005, 09:28 PM
I guess my truck is only 1/3 of a pain in the ***!

Old 07-23-2005, 12:36 AM
Well I pretty much decided, Black is out of the question, unless I just cant resist a sweet truck with a good deal. Arizone Beige is nice and so is the DSG, I think Iif I have a decent choice when (and if) the time comes, I really want to look at the True blue and the Wedgewood Blue. We'll see what happens. That time is still a couple weeks away.

BREW

Old 07-23-2005, 02:37 AM
I guess its all relative. The rewards of having a shiny black ride are tremendous. Besides, I really enjoy tending to my truck. If there was one thing that I learned from my 8 years in the Army was that routine PMCS dramatically extends the life of equipment.

I have an '04 Black XLT that has been on the road since November of '03. I actually find that keeping this truck clean is fairly easy. You can see in the photo below that the overall shine is still there. Sure it has imperfections, afterall this is my daily driver not a show truck.

and yes I even use the brush at the local wash rack.

I apply wax (mothers California gold) once every 3 months. Apply by hand and buff off with a power buffer. About 3 hours of labor and an ice cold six pack.

Ox

Old 07-23-2005, 05:16 AM
Hello everyone. First time posting on this forum. Anyways, I have an 05 F150, Lariat ALL BLACK. Bought it through my credit union, with my extended warranty they are sending some to detail my truck and apply a teflon coat to my paint, which will never need waxing again. This will help protect against scratches.

As for cleaning the truck, my local carwash offers a membership for 30 dollars/month and you get UNLIMITED car washes. Something everyone should look into. Keeping the truck looking nice is going to be much more easy now that i can take it to the wash as many times as i want. Doing the same thing for my dads Black Lincoln Aviator. Saves you time, effort, and makes washing the truck twice a week much easier when someone else is doing it.

Hope this info helps someone.

Old 07-23-2005, 05:33 AM
I like my trucks like I like my coffee.......HOT & BLACK !!

Old 07-23-2005, 06:56 AM
My last black vehicle was a 78 Cougar.The only time it looked good was on the showroom floor.Living out in the country with the dust and mud,didnt help the looks much.
If you live in town,and drive on the pavement,and have access to good carwashes get black or any dark color.
But, if you live in the "Boonies",as I do, and dont feel like constantly washing your truck,get a color that doesnt show dust or dirt that bad. My 03 is Az.Beige.It is constantly dirty but it is hard to tell.Doesnt shine real well when clean,so what,its a truck.

Old 07-23-2005, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by JorgeAguilar
Hello everyone. First time posting on this forum. Anyways, I have an 05 F150, Lariat ALL BLACK. Bought it through my credit union, with my extended warranty they are sending some to detail my truck and apply a teflon coat to my paint, which will never need waxing again. This will help protect against scratches.
First, Congrats on your new truck and welcome to the forum. You will find lots of great advice here. Just be warned, looking at all the stuff that people are doing to their trucks might inspire you to spend alot of money

I would be interested in knowing more about the deal your local carwash has. I live just outside of Houston, Tx and to my knowledge no deal like that exists around here.

Ox

Old 07-23-2005, 09:41 AM
Have had 8 black vehicles, and one silver. The black always looked the best.
Yes they are maintenance intensive, and my wife thinks I am nuts cleaning all the time, but I tell her its good excercise. And when I am bored, I have something to to. Something also to consider, I have always been told, It is easy to sell a Black truck when the time comes, not so true with some of the fad colors.

Old 07-23-2005, 11:41 AM
Hi All,

I just got my first Ford this week. A 2001 F150 Supercrew, Lariat, 2wd, dark green exterior. I said I did want another dark vehicle as I just sold a 95 BLACK Chevy Impala Supersport car. Looked great when clean but it was dusty by the time I finished washing & drying it. I needed a 4 door truck,
(see handle) & this was the best deal I found. The hot ticket for the Impala's was a "wax" system by Zaino brothers. I see many of your users have tried it. I never tried it, I've seen the results, but I may have to now w/ this new dark green truck. Supposed to make living w/ a dark vehicle easier.
Glad I found this site as I have learned much this week.
later

Old 07-23-2005, 11:56 AM
Love my black 03 KR SCrew. It normally looks great, but I'm not into off-roading and I don't pack on the miles. Looks best right after I clean it and still shines right through the dust. I have learned not to obsess. I have not had any scratch issues nor spiderwebbing that doesn't disappear after a coat of NXT. I think a well maintained black truck is the best looking. Just my humble 2 cents...

Old 07-23-2005, 12:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My vote is always for BLACK. It is extremely hard to keep clean, as everyone has already said, but it is beautiful. Every vehicle I have ever owned has been black and I will never have one that is any other color.... unless I just find something one day that I can't pass up. Henry Ford was once asked about the colors that his model T's would come in and Mr. Ford being the character that he was replied "People can have them in any color that they want...as long as it is BLACK" Black is the one and only TRUE FORD color. Go with black.

Quick Reply: ? For Guys with Black trucks.....