Whoa! Porter Cable 7424 ROCKS!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 08:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bryanfeelsgood:

To answer your question: Absolutely NOT! This thing is totally different than the $39.95 buffers you buy at Wally World, etc. I know, because I have one, too. As far as I'm concerned, all the cheapies do is bounce around. They don't have the speed or the concentrated weight to really work the compounds, and their oscillating action just isn't the same.

I thought I'd use my cheapie, along with a microfiber bonnet, to remove the haze from the NXT step in my paint regimen, and it actually put spiderwebs on the paint.

Old 04-26-2005, 03:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see...

SEU1,

This site makes me spend too much money too... but for some reason I keep coming back...

Old 04-26-2005, 04:46 PM
Re: Whoa! Porter Cable 7424 ROCKS!

How often are you suppose to use this method of treatment on your car? twice a year, 4 times a year? How often.

How often is too much? Thanks.

Originally posted by jaymz
Well, all the talk on this board finally convinced me to buy a P-C buffer, and I have to tell you, that after using it for the first time this weekend, I don't know why I didn't buy it much sooner. Simply put, this thing is the best detailing tool I've ever used in terms of "working" the detailing compounds I use, reducing fatigue, and especially, SAVING TIME!

Having never used a real power buffer before, I admit I did have my doubts about messing up my paint or that it would be difficult to use. Well, those doubts have been completely put to rest. The 7424 is very easy to use, so easy, in fact, that you would really have to be a total idiot to mess up your paint or a real wuss to find this thing fatiguing in any way. I bought a professional set of pads for it, and they seemed to work just fine; the velcro backing plate is very handy, too. My surface detailing system is this:

1. Clay bar
2. Maguire's Crystal paint cleaner
3. Maguire's Crystal polish
4. Maguires NXT
5. Maguires #26 Carnubia Wax
6. Four Star Ultimate Gloss Enhancer.

I "practiced" on my 97 F150 bed lid to get the hang of the P-C, but there really isn't much of a learning curve to it. Just use minimal pressure and let the P-C do the work. What I also liked about it was that it was so FAST! Let me tell you, I enjoy detailing my trucks, but I have other things to do, too, and the P.C. is just so much faster than doing it by hand that there is no comparison. So, if you like the look, but hate the work, the P-C is the deal!

I also found that I used much less product with the P-C and therefore, removing the various products I use, was much easier.

So, really, if you are even considering this tool, don't wait! You won't regret spending the money, and your vehicles will look great!

Jim

Old 04-26-2005, 09:59 PM
I recently got my pc and love it. I think I got a good deal at autodetailingsolutions. I spoke to Rick he was very helpful. Just as slipsmit suggested

Last edited by LINYScrew; 04-26-2005 at 10:02 PM.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:13 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by LINYScrew
I recently got my pc and love it. I think I got a good deal at autodetailingsolutions. I spoke to Rick he was very helpful. Just as slipsmit suggested
Rick was in the 3 day class that I went through out in Irvine... he's a super guy.

RP

Old 04-26-2005, 10:29 PM
I've placed a bunch of orders with him and have always had great service and success. All things considered, the value of his PC packages compared to the things that are essential in owning a PC are great. If only I would have stumbled upon him before I purchased my PC 7424...not to mention it's the Meg's model which had a lifetime warranty.

-slippy

Old 04-30-2005, 12:47 PM
i got mine a lowes yesterday 99 bucks its the 7336 same thing as the 7424 just comes with sanding disks and a polish pad went to pc's web site they are the same exact machine

Old 04-30-2005, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by spacemonkey
i got mine a lowes yesterday 99 bucks its the 7336 same thing as the 7424 just comes with sanding disks and a polish pad went to pc's web site they are the same exact machine
...yeah, but you'll spend another 50 bucks at least on a backing plate and 2 pads. For that price you could have gotten the LIFETIME warranty the Meguiar's has to offer as well as the backing plate and a pad if you would have gone to Rick at Auto Detailing Solutions. But anyway, congrats and I hope you enjot it

-slippy

Old 04-30-2005, 02:50 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by slippysmit
...yeah, but you'll spend another 50 bucks at least on a backing plate and 2 pads...
DA Velcro Buffing System from Meguiar's - $35

If you're a member of Meguiar's Online, you stand a very good chance of getting free shipping.

Auto Detailing Solutions is another great option for the same stuff. Rick is a VERY reputable guy (and a nice guy too -- I sat in class with him for 3 days)...

RP

Quick Reply: Whoa! Porter Cable 7424 ROCKS!