I Adore Pollen!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 10:53 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I Adore Pollen!

After a beautiful weekend, the truck was spotless and in nearly perfect shape...

At work this morning for 2 hours and now this:

Sure, the shine is nice but, never mind that THICK coat of gunk on top of my paint now. Bleh...

RP

Old 04-18-2005, 11:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gotta love that black..... RP you know better than to own a black vehicle.. My last two cars were black and even though I love that black shine, I swore I would never own another unless it was a garage queen........... Went with the shadow grey and silver ! Much nicer !!!!!!

Pollen sucks

Old 04-18-2005, 11:21 AM

Sorry... delicious irony!

Old 04-18-2005, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by RockPick
After a beautiful weekend, the truck was spotless and in nearly perfect shape...RP
RP, You and I are in the same boat of beautiful misery. I love my truck. I love the black/silver combo. **HOWEVER** I can feel my blood pressure spike when one of the bonehead landscapers fires up his backpack blower to clear the sidewalk and covers my truck with a lovely coating of grass, dirt and dust.

Pollen sucks too. I'm not sure if it's just me, but I started using NXT liquid recently, and the pollen seems to be attracted to it like a magnet. It comes off with just a rinse, but I definitely notice that much more pollen settles on the paint now--and doesn't blow off by driving it. Oh well, sweet looking vehicles are always more of a pain to keep the "look" up, but worth it.

Got a meet to go to Friday night but it's almost a waste of time to do anything until Friday morning. I guess I could QD it right before I go. I don't know. Hopefully it doesn't rain.

You bought that air machine to dry yours didn't you?

SL

Old 04-18-2005, 12:48 PM
man, I love my white truck.

Old 04-18-2005, 12:54 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
When is Ford going to come out with a new 'Pollen' color choice for us lazy people?

Old 04-18-2005, 01:44 PM
Moderator &

Observation about my impending pollen...

It's occuring in clumps whereas the F-150 (05 FX4) parked IMMEDIATELY next to mine has a uniform coating (no clumps). Mine looks like 150 million moths were doing kamikaze missions on my truck.

Kind of weird...

Oh yes... to answer the questions...

Nope, no metro-blaster (although I'd love to have one).

Old 04-18-2005, 02:52 PM
Man, RP, I adore you, too. Looks like I'm not to popular around here with everyone else, though.

I hate having this last name, around spring, I'm always getting the "oh, man, I must be allergic to you", yeah, that never gets old. After 8 years of marriage, my wife still never lets me forget she went above and beyond to take my last name. Actually, I found out pollen in Norwiegien means a body of water that changes salinity with the tide. I like that alot better than "Hey, aren't you, like, flower sex seed or something? Hahahahaha" Yeah, this one'll follow me to my grave.

Old 04-18-2005, 04:20 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by jdpollen
Man, RP, I adore you, too. Looks like I'm not to popular around here with everyone else, though.
LOL! I was cracking up reading this response. HAHA!

The 'flower sex' one is a great line... now, if I only knew someone who's last name was Pollen. Hmm, where's the whitepages?

LOL!

RP

Old 04-18-2005, 04:52 PM
You gotta wash that off RP! If you get anymore of that pollen on your beautiful black truck it may look like Arizona beige. And I know you don't want a tan terror.

Old 04-18-2005, 06:07 PM
I tried using the MPPP because of it's anti-static properties and it seems to really work on dust. Not sure how much it would help on pollen.

-slippy

Old 04-18-2005, 06:35 PM
Lek
Right now I'm flashing back to my polished, waxed metallic blue Ranger....laced in yellow dust 2 minutes after I finished buffing

Old 04-18-2005, 08:22 PM
Pollen SUCKS............ period!

Old 04-18-2005, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Raoul
When is Ford going to come out with a new 'Pollen' color choice for us lazy people?

You need a pollen color, and I need a dirt/calichi color here.

Old 04-18-2005, 10:46 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Definitely the WORST time of year for a detailing enthusiast! Thankfully, we are "out of the woods" down here in Houston as far as this annual problem goes!

The only thing that gives me solace is that it is still a heck of a lot better than the sand and salt I used to have to deal with from November to March back in my beloved hometown of Minneapolis!

Quick Reply: I Adore Pollen!