Buffing out where logo used to be??

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 02:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buffing out where logo used to be??

A buddy of mine has been looking at a used trucks and he found one that was perfect but there is one small problem. Its a black supercrew and on the rear doors you can see where the guy before had magnets advertising his roofing company. You can see where the paint seems to be brighter where the magnets once were although it is faintly there. Can you get that buffed and waxed out?? Or is there any other way to get rid of that??

Old 02-13-2005, 03:01 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey Miles.... check out this thread. It may help you all out...

RP

Old 02-13-2005, 03:09 PM
Greatly appreciated. One last question, Iif he were to take it to a detailer, whats a ballpark on how much it would cost him to have the guy clean up where the decals were and make it nice and even? I figure we could take a price esitmate to the dealer and get them to bump that off the cost of the truck.

Old 02-13-2005, 03:15 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Detailer prices are like the seas; they are vastly different and vary in personality from area to area.

With that in mind, I'd expect to pay between $75 and $300. I'd charge considerably less than $300 just to get the shadowing out but, definitely more than $75.

I know that's an incredibly vauge answer but, prices really vary based upon the detailer in this business. The local market really dictates what we can charge if we're wanting to stay busy.

I only do it as a sideline job but, I can tell you that the competition is pretty fierce. It may benefit you to get a couple of prices.

Good luck!

RP

Old 02-13-2005, 03:18 PM
I figured it would be a vague estimate, but thats better than anything we could come up with. Greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply: Buffing out where logo used to be??