Am I a Glutton For Punishment? Black, now Green!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 10:45 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks Liny!

This environmental geology thing better continue to work out or else I'll be sleeping in one of the two vehicles... well, that is until the bank comes and repos them.

RP

Old 02-03-2005, 12:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by RockPick
Thanks Liny!

This environmental geology thing better continue to work out or else I'll be sleeping in one of the two vehicles... well, that is until the bank comes and repos them.

RP

take Joe up on his offer of being a nipple ring salesman.

Old 02-03-2005, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by J-150
take Joe up on his offer of being a nipple ring salesman.
Ya know those guys in NY City that will wash your windows in traffic.......

You could pick a nice & busy intersection at rush hour and QD stopped vehicles for a buck

Old 02-04-2005, 06:45 PM
Re: Am I a Glutton For Punishment? Black, now Green!

Originally posted by RockPick
Back in November, I broke down and purchased a 2005 King Ranch edition in BLACK. As we all know, black is a mega-beast to keep up and in tip-top shape. So far, I'm winning the battle with only one or two VERY small scratches (that can easily be removed) to my knowledge on the truck...

Last week, my wife got the car bug. And, as we all know, when that darn thing bites, it gnaws until you do something about it. Tonight we did something about it.

We just purchased a very slightly used 2004 Eddie Bauer Explorer. It has the V8 and AWD (along with just about every bell and whistle minus reverse sensing). It's LOADED. It was a repo and was sold at the Ford auction. In turn, I managed to swing an incredible deal on the vehicle!

Well, here's the 'glutton' part. It's DARK green. It already has some mild swirling which will be corrected this weekend. I know that it's going to be just as much of a booger to keep looking good as my truck (especially the way my wife treats them).

I can't wait to detail it this weekend! I hope that it won't be a huge challenge but, I'll definately have to put some time into it!

RP
I know what you mean Rock. I have a nice little black Mustang GT convertible and it's a bear to keep nice. We decided to get an SUV and I was looking at Navigators and really wanted a black one. Fortunately I found a really nice white one that fit the bill and I've been happy ever since. I love black, but thinking about having to polish a vehicle the size of a Navigator to keep it looking good doesn't thrill me and black is twice as much work as white.

Quick Reply: Am I a Glutton For Punishment? Black, now Green!