Drying tools

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 03:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drying tools

Hey guys, I see a lot of people talking about using a good quality waffle weave towel for drying their trucks. I was wondering what you guys think of those rubber drying squeegees. I don't recall exactly what they are called, but saw them in the local Freddies. Anybody use these? Are they worth it at all or should I just stick with a good towel.

Old 12-28-2004, 04:29 PM
The auto dryer's work pretty well, but if you really want to do it right I recommend using the auto dryer first, and then using a good waffle weave microfiber drying towel. I prefer to just use a good quality waffle weave microfiber drying towel by itself. That's just my preference though. Try it both ways and see which one you prefer.

Old 12-28-2004, 08:54 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Like fb, I prefer a very nice waffle-weave microfiber towel. I have experimented with the 'Water Blade' products and have found them to be okay. The main problem that I had with the 'blade' was that it had a tendency to grab the paint and thus, slip out of my hand.

I put two or three scratches on my old truck with the CWB...

Best of all, I like using my leaf blower... no touching = no scratching etc...

RP

Old 12-28-2004, 11:33 PM
I have tried the rubber blade once and much preferred a good waffle-weave microfiber towel. Just my own opion though.

Old 12-29-2004, 12:06 PM
Yea, I tried that Cal. water blade and I thought it was ok but It's not the best thing out there to dry your truck with.

Old 12-29-2004, 08:20 PM
Re: Drying tools

Originally posted by snobanker
Hey guys, I see a lot of people talking about using a good quality waffle weave towel for drying their trucks. I was wondering what you guys think of those rubber drying squeegees. I don't recall exactly what they are called, but saw them in the local Freddies. Anybody use these? Are they worth it at all or should I just stick with a good towel.
A good practice to get into is taking the nozzle off the hose when finished washing and letting the water naturally flow off the vehicle. Start from top and work your way down as the water sheets off. This leaves much less water to have to dry off with the waffle weave.

Old 01-06-2005, 12:27 AM
Been away for a few days...thanks for the replies...waffle weave it is

Trending Topics

Old 01-06-2005, 11:25 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
RockPick,

Do you get the weird looks from your neighbors that I do when I whip out the leaf blower? And I thought I was the only one.

I actually have another drying method I use occasionally. I drive the truck about a mile down the road and then turn around and come back. I then pull out the old microfiber towels and finish the job. This method gets far fewer snickers.

Old 01-06-2005, 08:29 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by 2stroked
RockPick,

Do you get the weird looks from your neighbors that I do when I whip out the leaf blower? And I thought I was the only one.

I actually have another drying method I use occasionally. I drive the truck about a mile down the road and then turn around and come back. I then pull out the old microfiber towels and finish the job. This method gets far fewer snickers.
First question. Absolutely but, they've all become immune to it seemingly. They never hesitate to ask car care questions when they're curious though.

I do the same thing on the drive to dry occasionally. My biggest worry with that method is that I'll kick up a grain of sand and have it lodge in my towel when I'm drying it after driving. Sure, the same potential exists after just washing it but, I think it's less.

Both methods work... one is border-line silly, the other is border-line dangerous.... but, like I said, I do both.

RP

Quick Reply: Drying tools