Spare me the agony!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2004, 08:07 AM
JMC
Technical Article Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I had a 97 and all five, yes all five were aluminum 17s, were replaced. They had a clear coat and they pitted becasue of the pin holes in the clear coat. The OEM 16s on my 2000 have no clear coat. They are a polished aluminum alloy. The Eagle Alloys on it now are polished aluminum and they have no clear coat. When I got them they were corroded and I spent countless hours wet sanding and polishing them. They are now quite bright and have no corrossion problems. As long as I keep them clean and polished. An occational coat of WD40 helps too.

JMC

Old 10-22-2004, 09:30 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
JMC,

I recently tried a new polish on my American Racing polished aluminum (no clear coat) 16" wheels and the results were way beyond any other polish I've tried in the past 5 years. The stuff is called Wenol and a friend gave me a quart. I applied it with a rotary buffer and foam pad. Wow! What a shine. Even my neighbor across the street noticed the difference - from his house. You might want to try it.

Old 10-22-2004, 09:41 AM
JMC
Technical Article Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2stroked,

I looked the stuff up and i will try to find some here in Windsor. Thanks for the info.

JMC

Quick Reply: Spare me the agony!