Layering LSP (4*UPP) - by hand or PC??

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 11:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Layering LSP (4*UPP) - by hand or PC??

I recently used the PC and finishing pad to apply the first coat of 4* UPP. I liked the way it quickly, thinly, and evenly applied the product.

Is it okay to apply the 2nd coat of UPP by PC, or will the machine application somehow lessen the effectiveness of the layering or damage the previous layer?

I don't think I could get it on as even or thin if I do the 2nd layer by hand, but I want to get the best protection and appearance possible, so if hand application is advantageous, then that's the way to go.

Thanks for your help.

Old 10-01-2004, 08:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It won't hurt anything to put the additional coats on by hand. You might remove a bit more of the previous layer because of the action of the PC and pad, but I doubt there will be much difference. Just don't apply any pressure to the PC while applying. The paint will only hold so much UPP anyhow.

Last edited by Boss_429; 10-01-2004 at 08:24 PM.
Old 10-01-2004, 11:32 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
What Boss said...

By hand or by PC is fine... either way.

The PC may have a bit more of a tendency to remove some of the film build that you've established but, assuming that you're not using downward pressure from your hands and you're letting the PC do it's work (and a good pad), you're fine.

RP

Quick Reply: Layering LSP (4*UPP) - by hand or PC??