What are you using to clean your windows?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 08:44 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

One secret that can save you some money, and I do this every time I REALLY want to clean the windows. Aerosol glass cleaner and #0000 steel wool, followed by an old t-shirt washed with no fabric softener. You'll save the the MF towels for the paint once you try this,,,,98

Old 10-14-2004, 09:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've noticed that my windshield has two perfectly round circles on it that only show up whenever it is in the 50 degree range and the dew is on the truck. I assume it is from the factory when they installed the windshield. I wonder if the steel wool trick would remove them? So far glass cleaner and the towels have not. What do y'all think?

Old 10-14-2004, 09:41 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

It most likely would. It's probably from the suction cups that laid it on the truck at the factory. I'm assuming it's an 04? It's kind of like when you write something on the bathroom mirror while it's steamed up. It disappears when dry, but appears again when it fogs up.,,,,98

Just a theory

Old 10-14-2004, 02:30 PM
Yes, sorry, it is an 04. I thought it might be from the suction cups too. I may go ahead and try that. Thanks

Old 10-14-2004, 04:40 PM
CXI
While this thread is bumped to the top, I just wanted to say thanks for the suggestions of Stoner's Invisible Glass and microfiber towels! I seriously would believe that there was no glass in my car if it wasn't for the fact that my teeth aren't full of bugs. Of course, it also revealed hundreds of rock dents on the windshield of the truck now that it isn't dirty.

Quick Reply: What are you using to clean your windows?