Is there a liquid wipe-on wax that works?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2004, 09:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is there a liquid wipe-on wax that works?

I read in my local paper a while ago about a super liquid wipe-on wax/cleaner that was being used by some high-profile restorers and custom builders, but I can't remember the name of it. It was only available on-line, and I remember it as Gorilla-wax or Buffalo-wax or something like that.

What I'm looking for is a GOOD, 1-step liquid wax that merely wipes on/wipes off, with little or no buffing.

Does such a product exist?

'97 F150 4x4
4.6L
247,000 miles

Old 07-30-2004, 10:45 AM
b-rider,

I can't think of any products (worth while products) that you simply apply, and walk away without remove some type of residue.

I can assure you, that there are no "miracle" products out ther for "proper" paint care............... we would all be using that product, and a lot of people would be out of work.

However, there are a lot of good, easy to apply, easy to remove products.......... like NXT, Poorboys EX and EX-P, Four Star's UPP, P21S past, Souveran paste........ and several others.

Keep in mind that the products mentioned are only LSP products (last step products). For correct paint care, and the "best" appearance, proper paint prep is required............ that means stuff like....... cleaning the paint, claying the paint, polishing the paint, glazing the paint, and then protecting the paint.

There are also some good "cleaner/waxes" available for those people who prefer not to spend a lot of time with all that stuff......... products like Meguiar's ColorX, Poorboys Polish with Caranuba, Mothers Cleaner Wax, Cherry Wet Wax, and several others............ these may be the types of products you are looking for.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Boss_429; 07-30-2004 at 10:49 AM.
Old 07-30-2004, 11:10 AM
cleaners/wax

Boss_429:

The products mentioned in your last paragraph do sound like what I'm looking for...

I realize there is no miracle product, I'm just looking for some protection, but don't have the time/patience to rub on/rub off paste wax anymore. I love my truck, always have, but it's still a truck, and I use it hard. I actually like the look of a well-used, but well-cared-for truck.

So anyway, of the (4) you mentioned in your last paragraph, is there one you'd recommend? I suppose I'll do a website search to see what they say, and go from there.

Thanks for the guidance,

TB

Old 07-30-2004, 11:42 AM
b-rider,

I certainly understand your reasoning!

Anyhow, if you want to pick up the products locally, I would opt for the ColorX, or even Meguiar's Cleaner Wax in liquid form. (The purple bottle). My favorite "all in one" product is Poorboy's Polish with Carnauba, but you need to order it online.

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Is there a liquid wipe-on wax that works?