Thinking about getting a PC 7424

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2004, 02:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alright.. looks like i've decided on SSR #2.5 then, then i'll follow that up with #9 since I already bought it. Then the Klasse AIO, NXT, and #26.. this is going to be a long process, but should be fun to see the results. My dad's truck will actually look good again

Old 07-21-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by gmorf33
Alright.. looks like i've decided on SSR #2.5 then, then i'll follow that up with #9 since I already bought it. Then the Klasse AIO, NXT, and #26.. this is going to be a long process, but should be fun to see the results. My dad's truck will actually look good again
Here's a couple suggestions based on your comments, as well as my experiences using all of the products you've noted. I'd suggest one of the two following options.

Option #1: Apply SSR #2.5 then Klasse AIO, or
Option #2: Apply SSR #2.5, then NXT and a topper of #26

I'd be reluctant to apply #9 under Klasse due to the additives in #9. I also would see no benefit whatsoever in applying NXT over Klasse. I think that would be an unnecessary step. After you use the SSR #2.5 polish, if you opt for Option # 2, I doubt you'll need to apply #9 either. SSR #2.5 'should' address your swirl/scratch issues.

Good luck on your truck.

Last edited by BigDeal; 07-21-2004 at 03:32 PM.
Old 07-21-2004, 03:37 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by BigDeal
due to the additives in #9....
Huh? More specificity please.

Old 07-21-2004, 06:08 PM
RP,

I believe BigDeal was pointing out that #9 does have considerable oils/fillers that it leaves behind. Both Klasse and Zaino really work best when then are applied to previous layers of Klasse or Zaino, or to a clean paint surface free of all oils, silicones, solvent and what have you. Poorboy's polishes do not contain any oils, silicones, or fillers that might inhibit the bond of Klasse (or Zaino). Still, I recommend that even with Poorboy's polishes, a silcone free QD, or a product like Spray & Wipe should be used to lightly go over the paint surface before applying Klasse. This insures that any solvents or dusting left behind is removed.

Last edited by Boss_429; 07-21-2004 at 06:10 PM.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by RockPick
Huh? More specificity please.
What Boss said....... Thanks Boss! Anytime I'm using any sort of synthetic product (Klasse, UPP, etc), I always try and steer clear of using anything under it that contains oils or silicones. Klasse for example, is especially picky about the bonding surface it's applied to. And truth be known, I'd be hesitant to use #9 or a similar product under NXT either. Just makes better sense to me anyway to use something like the Poorboy SSR products under a synthetic sealer, rather than to use #9 (or the like) and then try and remove the residue left behind prior to topcoating.

Old 07-26-2004, 10:49 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The word 'additives' threw me for a loop. I gotcha.

Old 07-30-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by RockPick
The word 'additives' threw me for a loop. I gotcha.
No sweat! Sometimes my choice of words aint so gud!

Quick Reply: Thinking about getting a PC 7424