Pollen

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2004, 11:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pollen

Anyone think that it is safe to wax in this weather as the pollen falls. Will it scratch the finish?

Old 03-21-2004, 08:58 AM
I'd say it would be better to wax than not and then have that protection against the polens falling on your finish.....although most pollens will readily was off with soapy water........

Old 03-21-2004, 09:56 AM
Re: Pollen

Originally posted by 04KevinJ
Anyone think that it is safe to wax in this weather as the pollen falls. Will it scratch the finish?
Kevin,

I've never known pollen to scratch, but it looks "yukie' if it gets in the wax, and if heavy enough, it can cause wax to streak.

I would suggest the following:

Wax on a calm day, or better yet, the day after a good rain. The rain seems to clean the lose pollen out of the plants/trees for a day or so. Also keep a good QD handy. Clean a small section with the QD, and apply the wax. A good wax that is a wipe on-wipe off product works better, as the pollen doesn't get much of a chance to get on the surface.

Poorboy's Spray & Wipe QD is a great product for "pollen season"! When you get a lot of pollen on your vehicle, you can rinse most of it off with water, and then give it a quick QD with the S & W to remove the rest.

Hope this helps.

Old 03-21-2004, 01:09 PM
QD will scratch the black finish wont it

Old 03-21-2004, 02:07 PM
A QD won't scratch if you use a quality MF towel.

I polished/waxed my truck a week or so ago with pollen falling, I just kept using S&W prior to each panel... no scratches. Looks great.

Quick Reply: Pollen