Power Mirror Glass replacement on Supercrew

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2003, 11:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Power Mirror Glass replacement on Supercrew

Ok, spent an hour digging through old posts but nothing seems to answer my question exactly.

03 supercrew with power mirrors, no heat, no signal.

bumped the passenger side mirror on a pole. was barely rolling, mirror folded and folded right back. looked fine for a day or two, then got loose. got to the point it was ready to fall out the other day. mirror came off in my hand so i looked it over. looks like a ball-and-socket that holds the glass in there. 1/4 of the socket is missing. talked to the dealer, he saw the scuff, hadn't cleaned it up yet. said to check the parts dept. they said $61 for the glass. dealer also pointed out that one of the clips had a crack in it too and said that the whole thing may need to be replaced.

i supergluded the tab back, i'm confident that it will be fine. but to be safe i was checking out mirrors on ebay. several places say all f150, 99 and up are the same, others say supercrew are excluded. i checked fordpartsonline.com they also list seperate for the supercew. not sure why the mirror would be different. muthco.com showed all f150s as the same. does anyone know for sure? if i do have to replace the entire mirror i would like to make sure it fits. another thought was getting the guts out of a power mirror, wouldn't even need the motors, just the housing and the glass.

sorry for the long post, that and the turkey tomorrow and i'm sure everyone is sleeping.

thanks

Old 12-29-2003, 08:36 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The sail on the SCrew is a different size then the regualr F-150.
The glass is the same size, and the mirror head itself is the same size as a F-150 mirror head ( glass and glamor cap are interchangable between EXPY, F-150 and F-150 SCrew ).

I want to say the mirror is from an EXPY.

I tried the Best Top tow mirrors, and found that the sail on the SCrew is taller and wider then a regular F-150.

Good luck with the repair, sorry for the delay in the reply, just found this unanswered post, doing a search on another thread.

Old 01-16-2004, 07:52 PM
Ive been in the glass business for 15yrs. I just found out recently that most autoglass suppliers also can supply replacement sideview mirrors. We charge apr. 40.00 + tax for a sideview. In actuality it costs between 15.00- 20.00 our cost. If you can find a local autoglass shop and ask them if they can get you a replacement. They are exactly as if they came from the factory.

Good luck.
Ron

Old 01-22-2004, 10:39 PM
I actaully ordered a new one from fordpartsonline.com turns out they are located just up the road. they even dropped it off to save me shipping and time, great guys.
just make sure you have your hair dryer fired up when you replace mirrors

My Gallery - https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=3618

Quick Reply: Power Mirror Glass replacement on Supercrew