Have you driven a Fooooord.......lately!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 03:31 PM
NJX
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have you driven a Fooooord.......lately!

Hey guys I'm brand new to the forum. I just bought my first Ford !!!! I purchased a'97 Expedition and I'm crazy excited to get started on MAKIN' IT MINE. I have a few questions if anyone can help.

1) Does anyone know if a remote starter is bad news for the Expedition?

2) I've already purchased the TYC projectors and installed them
(with no problems at all)...If I put an aftermarket HID kit in, would they melt?

3) and finally, any bad new about the Expe' that I should know

Last edited by NJX; 11-10-2003 at 03:50 PM.
Old 11-10-2003, 04:50 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
First, welcome to f150online.com and enjoy that new Expy!

Secondly, you might get a little better response inside the Expedition forum but, I'll take a stab at one of your questions...

On the HID, instead of retrofitting your new headlights with an add on HID kit (which may be illegal soon or at least that's the word on the street from the NHTSA), you might consider going with a full HID kit such as the Sylvania Xenarc system. Being that it is not an add on, it's not in the NHTSA's scope.

Simply put, it replaces the full assembly with another assembly that is designed to focus the HID light. Of course, any other aftermarket kit doesn't necessarily have the correct optics to focus the HID light and thus causes high glare and ultimately reports to the NHTSA (which is the main reason they're on the verge of being banned in the first place.)

I have the Xenarcs and will never miss a chance to talk about how great they are. Standard halogen doesn't hold a candle to these!

Not sure about your other questions but someone will be along and ****** them up I'm sure. That and you might try the Expy forum.

Again, enjoy that new Expy!

RP

Old 11-10-2003, 09:00 PM
NJX
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks alot. I actually knew about the kits becoming illegal. I thought they already were....then I heard they werent. But I appreciate your direction on the forum

Old 11-10-2003, 09:07 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by NJX
Thanks alot. I actually knew about the kits becoming illegal. I thought they already were....then I heard they werent. But I appreciate your direction on the forum
At my last check (which was about a month ago), the NHTSA had banned further import of the kits however; had not banned their sale. So, what's here can be sold.

They haven't 'dropped the hammer' so to speak, on anyone with aftermarket kits yet but, there is quite a bit of chatter among manufactures that it may happen.

No final rule has been decided to my knowledge.

RP

Quick Reply: Have you driven a Fooooord.......lately!