Detailed my Screw this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2003, 10:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Detailed my Screw this weekend

I have been lurking on the forum for the past few weeks, especially here in the general care forum. I have recently purchased a 2002 Screw FX4 and was reading up on what cleaning and protectant products I should use to get it in top form. I throughly researched this board along with several other detailing focused boards and decided to go with the Meguiars' line over Zaino. After spending all weekend cleaning, washing, prepping, polishing, and waxing all I can say is WOW! I thought the truck was in show room condition when I bought it but it has moved into a whole new category with the help of Meguiars. I used all Meguiars products except tire conditioner. I used 00- Hi- Tech Wash, 09 Swirl Remover, 07 Show Car finish, PPP wax, and top it all off with 26 yellow carnuba and Final Detail Spray. I was especially impressed with the Final Detail spray. Probably went a little overboard but it was well worth it in the end. For the tires I used Blackfire long lasting tire gel and man is it wonderful, I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a new tire product. At any rate, I would like to give a big shout out to Rock Pick. Your posts along with Mike Phillips advice at showcargarage.com put me on the right path. I didn't think to take picture until late in the afternoon so the picture does not do the Meguiars line the justice it deserves. Thanks again Rock Pick - you have a new ally in your ongong battle against the Zainoids.

[

Last edited by Jaxonvol; 11-04-2003 at 06:49 AM.
Old 11-04-2003, 02:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nah, that's not "overboard", sounds "just right" to me

I use almost the same combination for the spring and summer. I use PPC, #9, #7 and then #26. Then over the summer I just keep layering the #26. I don't know for a fact that it makes a difference, but I'd almost swear that the truck kept getting *glossier* as the summer went by.

I just ordered Meguiar's #81 hand polish based on opinions over at autopia.org (Mike Phillips included). I can't imagine how it could look better than what I was using, but Meg's has never let me down in the past so we'll see......

chknbone

Quick Reply: Detailed my Screw this weekend