5-Star, anyone heard of it or tried it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2003, 02:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 5-Star, anyone heard of it or tried it?

Well guys I was out on the net just farting around (literally) and looking for wax tests of various products and came across a "one time" style wax called 5-star PPS. Now this stuff apparently uses PTFE (better known in most circles as Teflon) that is supposed to bond with the paint in the ionic fashion. Seemed to me like another snake oil sales gimmick but I thought what the heck I will see if anyone here has ever tried it or seen it before. I know teflon is amazing but not sure of the practical application of it to paint.

Old 10-18-2003, 11:59 AM
I use a marine polish with teflon on my truck....it's fantastic

Old 10-18-2003, 12:30 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Here's what Dupont says about Teflon in wax. Keep in mind, Dupont OWNS Teflon and the proprietary formula to make it!

Professionals consider "Teflon" formulas to be empty hype. Even the maker of Teflon (DuPont) issued the following statement:

"The addition of a Teflon fluoropolymer resin does nothing to enhance the properties of a car wax. We have no data that indicates the use of Teflon is beneficial in car waxes."
When a statement like that comes from the maker of teflon (hence, they're not loading the bank with a statement) I have to take it as gospel. I think it's hype.

RP

Old 10-19-2003, 12:04 AM
RP,

You pretty much came to the same conclusion as I did. I was mainly just wondering if anyone had used this particular brand.

Quick Reply: 5-Star, anyone heard of it or tried it?