Canada All Provinces

Window Tint Ontario

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 07:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Window Tint Ontario

I,m getting side windows tinted next week! What % of tint do you have with out getting pulled over every time you pass the police? I was thinking 15% side & 35% on back over factory tint; or should I just go 35% on side windows to be safe? anyone with pics. or advise Thanks! Ontario!

Old 04-05-2010, 07:21 AM
Ok went with 15% on sides !

Old 04-06-2010, 01:40 AM
The guy I had do mine said he used to use a low as 5% but the cops told him he wasn't allowed to use 5% anymore so the lowest he goes is 20% but you should be good with 15.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:19 AM
I got pulled over for my tint once and the cop said that the tint had to go. So I asked him so what's the legal amount of tint allowed? He said that it was illigal to tint the side windows and the windshield except what already there from the factory, but anything else you can put as much as you like.

Old 05-17-2010, 01:16 AM
Originally Posted by Valley4x4
I got pulled over for my tint once and the cop said that the tint had to go. So I asked him so what's the legal amount of tint allowed? He said that it was illigal to tint the side windows and the windshield except what already there from the factory, but anything else you can put as much as you like.
:icon_lol: I think that cop was just bsing you. If it was illegal tint the side windows then every limo in Ontario would get pulled over. If it was illegal then why was the dealer allowed to tint the windows of my gf's Grand Prix when she bought it.

I've got 20% on mine and I got pulled over at night and the cop didn't say a thing about my tint.

As I said in a previous post the cops are fine with 15-20% but unless you are a limo they will pull you over for less that 15%.

Congrats on the tint..looks great.

Quick Reply: Window Tint Ontario