Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spray-on Bedliner Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 12:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spray-on Bedliner Help

Hey yall,

I'm new to this forum so bear with me lol. I have an 2005 f150 Super crew short bed 2wd. When I bought the truck, there was a slight dent in the bed on the left fender, and I was wondering should I knock out this dent before placing a bed-liner in there? Also, does anyone know of any shops in the denton or dallas area that do spray- on bedliners not for a pretty good price?

Appreciate it,
Matt

Old 11-20-2013, 01:06 AM

The dent won't affect the spray-in liner at all, but they/you can pop it out before application if it's in a reachable area. My neighbor owns a liner shop and we popped 3 small dents out from the wheel arch in the bed of my 2006 on the right side in about 20 seconds before we did my liner.

Did you mean for a pretty good price, or did you actually mean the "not"?

LineX is probably the best option you have available. A member on here by the name of "Truckgasm" works for the Dallas shop and it is highly reputable. Only downside to a reputable LineX shop is that they're very expensive ($650 or so for Premium with UV protection if I remember correctly).

Just make sure you that you go a place that does HIGH pressure application, not low pressure (ie Rhino and some others). Low pressure is inherently inferior. Some think this an opinion, but those that know know high pressure is best. You can research or ask the business what pressure they use. And also be sure to go to a shop that is reputable. The quality of preparation on the paint is key to adhesion and the experience or skill of the applicator is equally important. I would rather have low pressure Rhino that was prepped extremely well over a LineX that was prepped horribly, so the application process is definitely important.

If you lived in the Houston/Sugar Land/Richmond/Rosenburg area, I'd have a few places, but I can only recommend the LineX for Dallas. I'm sure others may have a shop or two that they like and a liner they've had for a few years and can attest to how it's held up.

Last edited by KMAC0694; 11-20-2013 at 01:09 AM.
Old 11-20-2013, 01:18 AM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, TruckGasm owns a LineX franchise in Fort Worth. Send him a PM, he can't discuss price in the open forum. He does excellent work.

Old 11-20-2013, 09:55 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
That's correct. TruckGasm owns the LineX in Fort Worth. Knows his stuff and I've never heard any comments but good concerning his work.

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup

Old 11-20-2013, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by KMAC0694
The dent won't affect the spray-in liner at all, but they/you can pop it out before application if it's in a reachable area. My neighbor owns a liner shop and we popped 3 small dents out from the wheel arch in the bed of my 2006 on the right side in about 20 seconds before we did my liner.

Did you mean for a pretty good price, or did you actually mean the "not"?

LineX is probably the best option you have available. A member on here by the name of "Truckgasm" works for the Dallas shop and it is highly reputable. Only downside to a reputable LineX shop is that they're very expensive ($650 or so for Premium with UV protection if I remember correctly).

Just make sure you that you go a place that does HIGH pressure application, not low pressure (ie Rhino and some others). Low pressure is inherently inferior. Some think this an opinion, but those that know know high pressure is best. You can research or ask the business what pressure they use. And also be sure to go to a shop that is reputable. The quality of preparation on the paint is key to adhesion and the experience or skill of the applicator is equally important. I would rather have low pressure Rhino that was prepped extremely well over a LineX that was prepped horribly, so the application process is definitely important.

If you lived in the Houston/Sugar Land/Richmond/Rosenburg area, I'd have a few places, but I can only recommend the LineX for Dallas. I'm sure others may have a shop or two that they like and a liner they've had for a few years and can attest to how it's held up.
I meant for a good price, I posted this late last night so I don't think I am too literate at night lol.

Old 11-20-2013, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by jmbffa
I meant for a good price, I posted this late last night so I don't think I am too literate at night lol.
That's what I figured, no worries, just making sure haha. Ya usually get what you pay for with a bedliner. Go LineX to be safe, though there are a select few small shops that have a good product and do a good job.

Old 11-20-2013, 02:19 PM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
Give TruckGasm a chance and get a quote. You will get what you pay for, by definition that will be a "good" price. I'm positive you can find something cheaper, but I doubt it will be anywhere near the same quality.

Quick Reply: Spray-on Bedliner Help