Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bestop Supertop for truck installed.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 11:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bestop Supertop for truck installed.

I'm not one for hard or soft Tonneau covers. I also am not fond of hard toppers. With Tonneau covers you can't haul anything higher than the bed-rail and have the cover on. With a topper you can't haul anything taller than the topper without taking it off, and then you have to find a place to keep the thing.

So I bought this instead:

It's Bestop's supertop for truck. It folds up at the front of the bed like a bimini top on a boat. It can be completely removed from the truck by pulling four cotter pins. It's clamped to the bed rails so I didn't have to drill.

So far this top has been great keeping rain and moisture out of the bed. Drove it through a pretty good rain last week and even with the front corners undone (fabric still hasn't stretched enough) it didn't let any moisture in. It doesn't flap in the wind at all and still has really good visibility. The price was less than some of the folding tonneau covers and significantly cheaper than a hard topper.

The only negatives to the top that I have are that you need to install this thing in hot weather. The instructions say not to install below 72 degrees, more like 82 degrees with the top laying out in the sun all day. I should have put it in my closet until June to be honest. I also wish that the windows could be folded up into the top when you take it off. However, they will fit behind the back seat of my screw, I'll just have to make a release handle for the seat and put some hooks back there to keep them from getting creases. The zippers on the back window can be a chore to engage as well, hopefully that'll go away as the top stretches out over the frame.

I will give an A+ to Bestop for customer service. When I went to install the top I noticed I had two brackets for the right hand side of the truck but no bracket for the left hand side. I called them up and they shipped me the correct bracket next-day air.

Old 03-20-2013, 02:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If it works for you, that's what counts! Thanks for sharing.

Old 03-21-2013, 12:35 AM
If you are looking for a soft topper, check out www.softtopper.com

Old 03-21-2013, 03:21 AM
The only reason I didn't go with the Softtopper is because it doesn't have side windows. The side windows on this top do make a difference for visibility.

I ended up folding the top up tonight, was much easier to get the sides and rear window zipped back on now that it'd been on the truck a while.

Quick Reply: Bestop Supertop for truck installed.