Calling all with soft tonneau covers.

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 12:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truxedo Low Pro QT = lifetime warranty

self adjusting and a great top IMO

Old 01-31-2012, 06:13 PM
My truck has a Truxedo cover already on it that is still in great shape. It's only a couple years old though.

Old 02-06-2012, 12:04 PM
have had lots of tonneaus. covercraft, access, lund, and a few hard tonneaus. my evals:

1. my last access roll up tonneau was on for 4 years before i traded truck. other than some expected slight sun fade it was still in good shape and prob would have went another 4 or 5 years. IMHO, its the best soft tonneau out there, but you will pay for it. i only used armor-all on it.

2. my covercraft sucked. looked like crap after a year and would not keep tension, this was my first tonneau though with the old style bows and snaps. this was before roll-ups and tri-folds were invented. That was 14 years ago, they may be better now.

3. only have over the rail hard tonneaus, flush mounts will leak more water than you will know what to do with.

after 5 years i have decided to put a tonneau on my 06 f150 screw. put it on last week. lund genesis roll up tonneau $285.00 shipped. looks great, supposedly lifetime warranty even on cover. if i got 6-7 years out of it i would be happy for the price i paid. if it only goes 4-5 i will buy another access to replace it.

my .02 on soft tonneaus is that like any fabric/tarp type material left outside to rot in the elements, they will break down in time. i would say 5 years is a little too quick for for failure, but depending on how much you spent it may not be too bad. IMHO, the average age for replacement is 7-10 years.

and its complete fn bs that they say armor all or any silicone based cleaner/protectant made for vinyl ruined the cover. i have used armor all on all my soft tonneaus with no problems as well as interior items. (except for leather, which i use meguires) i would never buy extang based on what you have said. extang tonneaus have never really impressed me anyway.

my lund care instructions just say no solvents. wash with mild soap.

Last edited by GTNOS; 02-06-2012 at 12:07 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:11 PM
My Access roll up has been in use since 2006 and still looks good. I plan to move it to my 3rd F-150 this spring when I get my 2012 S-Crew. I haven't done any special care, but I do leave the bed covered 99% of the time. I see some guys with faded velcro side rails due to leaving their covers rolled up. I have no idea if the faded velcro is a problem other than aesthetically.

Old 02-18-2012, 11:34 AM
Put an Access on in 2004, cover is still great and Access has honored their warranty when I needed new velcro for the side rails. Also, I do believe most will tell you not to use silicon or petroleum based products on vinyl or rubber. AEROSPACE 303 is probabley the best
for vinyl.

Last edited by BEW119; 02-21-2012 at 02:46 PM.

Quick Reply: Calling all with soft tonneau covers.