Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best do it yourself bed liner

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 07:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best do it yourself bed liner

I have an 01 f150 4x4 that had a plastic bed liner for 7 years and of course it has scuffed and rusted the bed. I would rather not pay big bucks for a professional spray in liner given the age of the truck. Anyone out there use those do it yourself paint on kits? Any recommendations? I have been looking at a few and Grizzly Grip seems to be pretty good. Anyone out there use this product before?

http://www.grizzlygrip.com/

Thanks!
Rich

Old 10-25-2008, 10:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forget it........as far as I'm concerned there are no good DIY bedliner kits. I took that route and was initially of the opinion that I had done the right thing. Wrong......it looked great for a couple of months. Then the peeling started. I haul nothing of consequence.......Walmart bags for the most part. Thus, considering that I spent about 8 hours on prep work, it's the product itself that isn't worth a spoon full of tick crap.

I took this route in response to your concern......plastic bedliner damage. I had to do something, but I did the wrong something.

Save your money and save your time. Leave the crap in the can and go get it fixed right.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:17 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Some people do the DIY liners, but, compared to professional, they may chip, wear, fade, and there is no warranty benefits.

Quick Reply: Best do it yourself bed liner