Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

removing the bediner in my '07

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 04:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
removing the bediner in my '07

My truck came with a plastic Ford drop in and I hate it. I really miss the Line-X I had in my Ranger. Are there any tips or tricks for taking it out? Just wondering if I will run into any hang ups...thanks! Proabably just replace it with a rubber bed mat for now until I can get spray in.

Old 03-14-2008, 04:45 PM
What bed do you have? 6.5' or 5.5'? My dad is looking for a bed liner for his 05. It has the 6.5' bed.

Old 03-14-2008, 05:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lift the liner in the center from the bed's edge, that will drop the sides of the bedliner below the rail. You will most likely figure it out from there.

Old 03-14-2008, 07:27 PM
Got it out...easier than I thought as far as the bed caps...slid right out from under them.

I have the 6.5' bed but my dad is wanting the bedliner...sorry.

Heres a few pics. I bought the truck brand new with 5 miles on it and have never hauled any straw...why is the bed full of it? lol! Fortunately there are no bed scars yet that couldn't be washed out. I do need to find some shorter screws for the interior tailgate panel though. The ones for the bedliner add-on must be longer. This is before I washed out the bed so don't mind the mess.

I had to temporarily remove my Extang bed cover to get the bedliner out...that is what's laying next to the truck BTW. I'm getting a rubber bed mat for now and Line-X later on. At least now we can take the truck to the grocery store without everthing sliding to the front of bed on the way home...did I mention I hate plastic bedliners? lol!

Old 03-17-2008, 11:57 AM
If you like your rubber mat, look at the DualLiner - it ties a rubber mat to hard dent protection for the sidewalls - best of all worlds.

Old 03-17-2008, 03:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's beautiful color, you should consider a LINE-X color match. The bedliner will have all of the metallic flakes in it just like your paint.

Old 03-17-2008, 06:34 PM
I'm definately doing Line-X something this year. Don't know about the color matching though. Costs alot more and my bed is covered anyway. I really do miss having Line-X like I did in my Ranger, very durable and things didn't slide at all. I despise plastic drop-in bedliners.

Quick Reply: removing the bediner in my '07