Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bedrug

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 10:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flipu4reel
New F150 owner, and new to the boards. Hello all, looking forward to speaking with you. I've been reading the endless debate about spray-in liners vs drop-ins for a week now, and I think I've made my decision. I think I'm going to forgo both and get a bedrug. This isn't a work truck, though I'll likely be hauling some dirty stuff here and there, and apparently the rugs can handle it. I don't like the price or texture of the spray-ins, and I don't like the paint damage the drop-ins can apparently do. As far as I can tell, though perhaps they're not as durable (correct me if I'm wrong), the bedrug has none of these problems. Thoughts? I'd love to hear some more feedback on current bedrug owners, like type, price paid, overall impression to date. I am looking at http://www.bed-rug.com/ at the moment, and they're sending me a free sample in the mail.

Thanks everyone!
Go to www.truckalterations.com.....they have the best price that I've been able to find. $284 including shipping.

Originally Posted by TruckGasm
Well, the mulch part is a stretch. Bedrug is like indoor/outdoor carpeting and anything that you think would get stuck in the pile, does get stuck in the pile. Bedrug is a decent product, though.
Well, that's just what someone said here on these forums. So take it for what it's worth. I'm not considering it to be gospel, but it is his own experience.

I might get mulch once a year. So, for that light duty, I think Bedrug can handle it.

Last edited by flashbang756; 07-31-2006 at 10:39 PM.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:03 AM
Flash - As I am reading your post I had another IE window open with the TruckAlterations website already up. I guess I was looking in the right place! I'm likely going to go for it, I'll let you know how it works out. Thanks.

***Same website has some Truxedo covers for a nice price. Truxedo Lo Pro for 351.99 including shipping. Works out 635.98 total.***

Last edited by flipu4reel; 08-01-2006 at 09:12 AM.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:16 PM
Flash - As I am reading your post I had another IE window open with the TruckAlterations website already up. I guess I was looking in the right place! I'm likely going to go for it, I'll let you know how it works out. Thanks.

***Same website has some Truxedo covers for a nice price. Truxedo Lo Pro for 351.99 including shipping. Works out 635.98 total.***
That's who I got mine from.....pretty good people, although the communication was very poor after I sent 3 e-mails to them, and did not get one returned. I did receive my rug pretty quick though, and of course, the price was right.

CHIA

Old 08-03-2006, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by CHIA
That's who I got mine from.....pretty good people, although the communication was very poor after I sent 3 e-mails to them, and did not get one returned. I did receive my rug pretty quick though, and of course, the price was right.

CHIA
Sorry to hear about your communication troubles with TA. I've only sent 1 e-mail so far and received a quick response.

Last edited by flipu4reel; 08-03-2006 at 09:20 PM.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:41 AM
Recieved the first part of my order today from TA. The Bedrug install looks simple enough. I've got one eye on the weather, hopefully it'll get done today. I'll post pics afterwards for those who are interested in seeing before, during and after shots.

Old 08-07-2006, 03:42 PM
Bedrug install complete! Had a good time doing it actually. I uploaded pics to the gallery. Enjoy.
https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?num=11720

Old 08-13-2006, 05:59 PM
I got tired of getting my spray-in bed liners fixed on my '97 SCab every time I hauled a load of bricks. I bought a Bedrug for my '05 and never looked backed. A pressure washer will get anything out of it.

Old 08-16-2006, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by TruckGasm
Bedrug is a good product, but like spray-ons and drop-ins, it has good points and bad points.

Bedrug is like indoor/outdoor carpeting. So, using common sense, what you think would not be good for indoor/outdoor carpeting will not be good for Bedrug. For example, Bedrug fibers can tear. So, if you actually give your truck's bed heavy duty use, Bedrug may not be the best thing for you.
I have a bedrug in my truck and like it much better than the drop in that was in my last truck and sprayin before that. I haul acid dipped parts in it all the time and still looks great after over a year, I sit my slide in camper on it with out issue as well. it is very knee friendly when you have to crawl around in the bed as well. It cost me about the same as a drop in and less than a sprayin and is better than either in my opinion.

Old 08-24-2006, 05:50 PM
I installed my bedrug 2 years ago with a ******** tonneau and autoloc power tonneau kit so with just the push of a button on my key fob even my 100 lb wife or 8 year old daughter can get in. It makes it great for carrying luggage, sleeping in, and I frequently haul greasy car parts in it, but I do ussually throw down a blanket to keep the grease off of it. It washes off but the blanket saves time. The kids and dogs love to play in the back and we frequently use it for picnics as well.

Old 08-25-2006, 06:05 PM
I just received my rug today. At the moment it's ot in the sun getting warm and I'm about to go install it. Can't wait!!

Old 08-25-2006, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by flashbang756
I just received my rug today. At the moment it's ot in the sun getting warm and I'm about to go install it. Can't wait!!
I was feelin pretty nice while I installed mine on a hot day under the tonneau and a bottle of acetone in hand.....I was ready for a magic carpet ride on that bedrug!

FYI - I printed out this webpage, which helped out in the installa as well:

http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2...dRug/index.php

CHIA

Old 08-25-2006, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by CHIA
I was feelin pretty nice while I installed mine on a hot day under the tonneau and a bottle of acetone in hand.....I was ready for a magic carpet ride on that bedrug!

FYI - I printed out this webpage, which helped out in the installa as well:

http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2...dRug/index.php

CHIA
That would have helped me! I mistakenly thought that I could just cut out the holes for the tie-down bolts where the indentions were on the rug. Wrong. They weren't exactly lined up right. Then I did the whole leaving the bolts in on the other side thing. Live and learn I guess. Trial and error.

But it's done and I LOVE it!!

Old 08-26-2006, 03:10 PM
Any pics?

Old 08-26-2006, 03:28 PM
I added my bed rug after I noticed my ARE LSll bed cap had similar material for it's headliner.....It was an easy install...fits like a glove and looks great along with bed cap...perfect match.

Old 08-26-2006, 05:47 PM
Any pics?
I'll be posting some in my gallery today.

Quick Reply: Bedrug