F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids (https://www.f150online.com/forums/bedliners-caps-tops-lids-32/)
-   -   Bedrug (https://www.f150online.com/forums/bedliners-caps-tops-lids/248211-bedrug.html)

CHIA 07-27-2006 03:44 AM

Bedrug

I just got a bedrug, installed it, and could not be happier, what fantastic product. I realize this is nothing new, as there are many happy owners, but wanted to give another couple thumbs up to any prospective purchasers out there.

The install, contrary to some people's posts, took me about 2 hours from start to finish. I could do another one in close to half that time probably.

The fit and finish is just top notch, and with a Leer 700 tonneau, the colour matches the headliner perfectly.....looks super classy.

My kids played in the truck bed while we camped....who'd have thunk that a truck bed would become such a novelty once is was "warmed up".

I even had a buddy sleep in it the first night, as I forgot some keys to my trailer....he confirmed it was a comfy bed, relative to a ribbed steel bed a few hours earlier.

Another happy customer!

CHIA

05supercrew 07-27-2006 09:01 AM

I love mine. I get complements all the time.

mgraves8 07-27-2006 11:36 AM

I recently picked up my new 2006 FX4 supercrew after trading in my 02 4x4 supercrew and installed a truXedo lo profile tonneau and the bed rug. .

I agree the bedrug is a great product. . . I play softball a lot so we tailgate and the kids play in the back and doesn't let everything slide all over when driving down the road. .. .

GREAT PRODUCT!!:beers:

ToddziLLa 07-27-2006 11:38 AM

Might get one on my next truck, but it will be tough moving away from Line-X after having it...

vader716 07-27-2006 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by ToddziLLa
Might get one on my next truck, but it will be tough moving away from Line-X after having it...

me 2...I like the look but I would miss the linex...I'd be too worried about messing up the rug.

CHIA 07-27-2006 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by vader716
me 2...I like the look but I would miss the linex...I'd be too worried about messing up the rug.

Well, in all fairness, my truck is a family hauler, and the bed is typically used for bikes, camping gear, and misc "stuff". If it was work truck, or I had plans to carry a lot of dirty stuff, I may have gone with LineX. My bed is more like a huge trunk with the tonneau. That said, I'm sure the Bedrug is more than capable of getting dirty if the opportunity arises.

CHIA

toolmaann 07-27-2006 06:31 PM

My bed is more like a huge trunk with the tonneau
...Exactly how I use mine. Bedrug was one of my first mods, and one of the best to date. :thumbsup:

flashbang756 07-28-2006 10:49 AM

I plan on buying a bedrug too. I usually use my bed as others have stated....usually as a trunk.

Although I do go occasionally to get subflooring/plywood or a load of mulch. Usually only once or twice a year. And others here have expressed that even getting mulch, the left over just simply blows out with a leaf blower. So I'm not the least bit worried.

And I like the idea of it being "knee friendly" for things such as camping or watching fireworks etc.

TruckGasm 07-28-2006 01:46 PM

Well, the mulch part is a stretch. Bedrug is like indoor/outdoor carpeting and anything that you think would get stuck in the pile, does get stuck in the pile. Bedrug is a decent product, though.

CHIA 07-28-2006 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by flashbang756
I plan on buying a bedrug too. I usually use my bed as others have stated....usually as a trunk.

Although I do go occasionally to get subflooring/plywood or a load of mulch. Usually only once or twice a year. And others here have expressed that even getting mulch, the left over just simply blows out with a leaf blower. So I'm not the least bit worried.

And I like the idea of it being "knee friendly" for things such as camping or watching fireworks etc.

Oh ya, do not underestimate the value of having a "knee friendly" bed....I love that feature, makes the bed so much more useful and easier to manage...especially when I have the tonneau overhead to contend with.

whitecrystal1 07-30-2006 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by ToddziLLa

Call me nuts. but I got Linex with a Bed Rug on it and a tonneau cover over it all.:lol:

SuperBlackCrew3 07-30-2006 02:08 PM

I love my Bedrug. I have spent countless nights in the back of it after a long night of partying. Ive never had a time where I was afraid to put something backthere. Gas, oil, alumnium cans, whatever, i spray it down at the carwash and its ready to go.

hivoltagefx4 07-30-2006 07:58 PM

Add me to the group! I just installed my a couple of hours ago. I consider the bed of my truck like a big trunk as well. I love that the color of the bedrug matches the color of my new 2006 SuperCrew! The fit was nice and it is definately easy on the knees!!!:thumbsup:

flipu4reel 07-31-2006 11:40 AM

New F150 owner, and new to the boards. Hello all, looking forward to speaking with you. I've been reading the endless debate about spray-in liners vs drop-ins for a week now, and I think I've made my decision. I think I'm going to forgo both and get a bedrug. This isn't a work truck, though I'll likely be hauling some dirty stuff here and there, and apparently the rugs can handle it. I don't like the price or texture of the spray-ins, and I don't like the paint damage the drop-ins can apparently do. As far as I can tell, though perhaps they're not as durable (correct me if I'm wrong), the bedrug has none of these problems. Thoughts? I'd love to hear some more feedback on current bedrug owners, like type, price paid, overall impression to date. I am looking at http://www.bed-rug.com/ at the moment, and they're sending me a free sample in the mail.

Thanks everyone!

TruckGasm 07-31-2006 12:22 PM

Bedrug is a good product, but like spray-ons and drop-ins, it has good points and bad points.

Bedrug is like indoor/outdoor carpeting. So, using common sense, what you think would not be good for indoor/outdoor carpeting will not be good for Bedrug. For example, Bedrug fibers can tear. So, if you actually give your truck's bed heavy duty use, Bedrug may not be the best thing for you.