F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids (https://www.f150online.com/forums/bedliners-caps-tops-lids-32/)
-   -   Bedrug (https://www.f150online.com/forums/bedliners-caps-tops-lids/248211-bedrug.html)

CHIA 07-27-2006 03:44 AM

Bedrug

I just got a bedrug, installed it, and could not be happier, what fantastic product. I realize this is nothing new, as there are many happy owners, but wanted to give another couple thumbs up to any prospective purchasers out there.

The install, contrary to some people's posts, took me about 2 hours from start to finish. I could do another one in close to half that time probably.

The fit and finish is just top notch, and with a Leer 700 tonneau, the colour matches the headliner perfectly.....looks super classy.

My kids played in the truck bed while we camped....who'd have thunk that a truck bed would become such a novelty once is was "warmed up".

I even had a buddy sleep in it the first night, as I forgot some keys to my trailer....he confirmed it was a comfy bed, relative to a ribbed steel bed a few hours earlier.

Another happy customer!

CHIA

05supercrew 07-27-2006 09:01 AM

I love mine. I get complements all the time.

mgraves8 07-27-2006 11:36 AM

I recently picked up my new 2006 FX4 supercrew after trading in my 02 4x4 supercrew and installed a truXedo lo profile tonneau and the bed rug. .

I agree the bedrug is a great product. . . I play softball a lot so we tailgate and the kids play in the back and doesn't let everything slide all over when driving down the road. .. .

GREAT PRODUCT!!:beers:

ToddziLLa 07-27-2006 11:38 AM

Might get one on my next truck, but it will be tough moving away from Line-X after having it...

vader716 07-27-2006 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by ToddziLLa
Might get one on my next truck, but it will be tough moving away from Line-X after having it...

me 2...I like the look but I would miss the linex...I'd be too worried about messing up the rug.

CHIA 07-27-2006 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by vader716
me 2...I like the look but I would miss the linex...I'd be too worried about messing up the rug.

Well, in all fairness, my truck is a family hauler, and the bed is typically used for bikes, camping gear, and misc "stuff". If it was work truck, or I had plans to carry a lot of dirty stuff, I may have gone with LineX. My bed is more like a huge trunk with the tonneau. That said, I'm sure the Bedrug is more than capable of getting dirty if the opportunity arises.

CHIA

toolmaann 07-27-2006 06:31 PM

My bed is more like a huge trunk with the tonneau
...Exactly how I use mine. Bedrug was one of my first mods, and one of the best to date. :thumbsup:

flashbang756 07-28-2006 10:49 AM

I plan on buying a bedrug too. I usually use my bed as others have stated....usually as a trunk.

Although I do go occasionally to get subflooring/plywood or a load of mulch. Usually only once or twice a year. And others here have expressed that even getting mulch, the left over just simply blows out with a leaf blower. So I'm not the least bit worried.

And I like the idea of it being "knee friendly" for things such as camping or watching fireworks etc.

TruckGasm 07-28-2006 01:46 PM

Well, the mulch part is a stretch. Bedrug is like indoor/outdoor carpeting and anything that you think would get stuck in the pile, does get stuck in the pile. Bedrug is a decent product, though.

CHIA 07-28-2006 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by flashbang756
I plan on buying a bedrug too. I usually use my bed as others have stated....usually as a trunk.

Although I do go occasionally to get subflooring/plywood or a load of mulch. Usually only once or twice a year. And others here have expressed that even getting mulch, the left over just simply blows out with a leaf blower. So I'm not the least bit worried.

And I like the idea of it being "knee friendly" for things such as camping or watching fireworks etc.

Oh ya, do not underestimate the value of having a "knee friendly" bed....I love that feature, makes the bed so much more useful and easier to manage...especially when I have the tonneau overhead to contend with.

whitecrystal1 07-30-2006 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by ToddziLLa

Call me nuts. but I got Linex with a Bed Rug on it and a tonneau cover over it all.:lol:

SuperBlackCrew3 07-30-2006 02:08 PM

I love my Bedrug. I have spent countless nights in the back of it after a long night of partying. Ive never had a time where I was afraid to put something backthere. Gas, oil, alumnium cans, whatever, i spray it down at the carwash and its ready to go.

hivoltagefx4 07-30-2006 07:58 PM

Add me to the group! I just installed my a couple of hours ago. I consider the bed of my truck like a big trunk as well. I love that the color of the bedrug matches the color of my new 2006 SuperCrew! The fit was nice and it is definately easy on the knees!!!:thumbsup:

flipu4reel 07-31-2006 11:40 AM

New F150 owner, and new to the boards. Hello all, looking forward to speaking with you. I've been reading the endless debate about spray-in liners vs drop-ins for a week now, and I think I've made my decision. I think I'm going to forgo both and get a bedrug. This isn't a work truck, though I'll likely be hauling some dirty stuff here and there, and apparently the rugs can handle it. I don't like the price or texture of the spray-ins, and I don't like the paint damage the drop-ins can apparently do. As far as I can tell, though perhaps they're not as durable (correct me if I'm wrong), the bedrug has none of these problems. Thoughts? I'd love to hear some more feedback on current bedrug owners, like type, price paid, overall impression to date. I am looking at http://www.bed-rug.com/ at the moment, and they're sending me a free sample in the mail.

Thanks everyone!

TruckGasm 07-31-2006 12:22 PM

Bedrug is a good product, but like spray-ons and drop-ins, it has good points and bad points.

Bedrug is like indoor/outdoor carpeting. So, using common sense, what you think would not be good for indoor/outdoor carpeting will not be good for Bedrug. For example, Bedrug fibers can tear. So, if you actually give your truck's bed heavy duty use, Bedrug may not be the best thing for you.

flashbang756 07-31-2006 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by flipu4reel
New F150 owner, and new to the boards. Hello all, looking forward to speaking with you. I've been reading the endless debate about spray-in liners vs drop-ins for a week now, and I think I've made my decision. I think I'm going to forgo both and get a bedrug. This isn't a work truck, though I'll likely be hauling some dirty stuff here and there, and apparently the rugs can handle it. I don't like the price or texture of the spray-ins, and I don't like the paint damage the drop-ins can apparently do. As far as I can tell, though perhaps they're not as durable (correct me if I'm wrong), the bedrug has none of these problems. Thoughts? I'd love to hear some more feedback on current bedrug owners, like type, price paid, overall impression to date. I am looking at http://www.bed-rug.com/ at the moment, and they're sending me a free sample in the mail.

Thanks everyone!

Go to www.truckalterations.com.....they have the best price that I've been able to find. $284 including shipping. :thumbsup:

Originally Posted by TruckGasm
Well, the mulch part is a stretch. Bedrug is like indoor/outdoor carpeting and anything that you think would get stuck in the pile, does get stuck in the pile. Bedrug is a decent product, though.

Well, that's just what someone said here on these forums. So take it for what it's worth. I'm not considering it to be gospel, but it is his own experience.

I might get mulch once a year. So, for that light duty, I think Bedrug can handle it. ;)

flipu4reel 08-01-2006 09:03 AM

Flash - As I am reading your post I had another IE window open with the TruckAlterations website already up. I guess I was looking in the right place! I'm likely going to go for it, I'll let you know how it works out. Thanks.

***Same website has some Truxedo covers for a nice price. Truxedo Lo Pro for 351.99 including shipping. Works out 635.98 total.***

CHIA 08-01-2006 06:16 PM

Flash - As I am reading your post I had another IE window open with the TruckAlterations website already up. I guess I was looking in the right place! I'm likely going to go for it, I'll let you know how it works out. Thanks.

***Same website has some Truxedo covers for a nice price. Truxedo Lo Pro for 351.99 including shipping. Works out 635.98 total.***

That's who I got mine from.....pretty good people, although the communication was very poor after I sent 3 e-mails to them, and did not get one returned. I did receive my rug pretty quick though, and of course, the price was right.

CHIA

flipu4reel 08-03-2006 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by CHIA
That's who I got mine from.....pretty good people, although the communication was very poor after I sent 3 e-mails to them, and did not get one returned. I did receive my rug pretty quick though, and of course, the price was right.

CHIA

Sorry to hear about your communication troubles with TA. I've only sent 1 e-mail so far and received a quick response. :thumbsup:

flipu4reel 08-07-2006 09:41 AM

Recieved the first part of my order today from TA. The Bedrug install looks simple enough. I've got one eye on the weather, hopefully it'll get done today. I'll post pics afterwards for those who are interested in seeing before, during and after shots.

flipu4reel 08-07-2006 03:42 PM

Bedrug install complete! Had a good time doing it actually. I uploaded pics to the gallery. Enjoy.
https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?num=11720

worland 08-13-2006 05:59 PM

I got tired of getting my spray-in bed liners fixed on my '97 SCab every time I hauled a load of bricks. I bought a Bedrug for my '05 and never looked backed. A pressure washer will get anything out of it.

bricklin 08-16-2006 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by TruckGasm
Bedrug is a good product, but like spray-ons and drop-ins, it has good points and bad points.

Bedrug is like indoor/outdoor carpeting. So, using common sense, what you think would not be good for indoor/outdoor carpeting will not be good for Bedrug. For example, Bedrug fibers can tear. So, if you actually give your truck's bed heavy duty use, Bedrug may not be the best thing for you.

I have a bedrug in my truck and like it much better than the drop in that was in my last truck and sprayin before that. I haul acid dipped parts in it all the time and still looks great after over a year, I sit my slide in camper on it with out issue as well. it is very knee friendly when you have to crawl around in the bed as well. It cost me about the same as a drop in and less than a sprayin and is better than either in my opinion.

mccance 08-24-2006 05:50 PM

I installed my bedrug 2 years ago with a gaylords tonneau and autoloc power tonneau kit so with just the push of a button on my key fob even my 100 lb wife or 8 year old daughter can get in. It makes it great for carrying luggage, sleeping in, and I frequently haul greasy car parts in it, but I do ussually throw down a blanket to keep the grease off of it. It washes off but the blanket saves time. The kids and dogs love to play in the back and we frequently use it for picnics as well.

flashbang756 08-25-2006 06:05 PM

I just received my rug today. At the moment it's ot in the sun getting warm and I'm about to go install it. Can't wait!! :D

CHIA 08-25-2006 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by flashbang756
I just received my rug today. At the moment it's ot in the sun getting warm and I'm about to go install it. Can't wait!! :D

I was feelin pretty nice while I installed mine on a hot day under the tonneau and a bottle of acetone in hand.....I was ready for a magic carpet ride on that bedrug!

FYI - I printed out this webpage, which helped out in the installa as well:

http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2...dRug/index.php

CHIA

flashbang756 08-25-2006 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by CHIA
I was feelin pretty nice while I installed mine on a hot day under the tonneau and a bottle of acetone in hand.....I was ready for a magic carpet ride on that bedrug!

FYI - I printed out this webpage, which helped out in the installa as well:

http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2...dRug/index.php

CHIA

That would have helped me! I mistakenly thought that I could just cut out the holes for the tie-down bolts where the indentions were on the rug. Wrong. They weren't exactly lined up right. Then I did the whole leaving the bolts in on the other side thing.:D Live and learn I guess. Trial and error.:rolleyes:

But it's done and I LOVE it!!:rocker:

flipu4reel 08-26-2006 03:10 PM

Any pics?

green06F150 08-26-2006 03:28 PM

I added my bed rug after I noticed my ARE LSll bed cap had similar material for it's headliner.....It was an easy install...fits like a glove and looks great along with bed cap...perfect match.:rocker:

flashbang756 08-26-2006 05:47 PM

Any pics?

I'll be posting some in my gallery today. ;)

flashbang756 08-26-2006 06:51 PM

OK, the pics are added to my gallery.......;)

https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=8158

flipu4reel 08-27-2006 07:44 AM

Nice! I love the Undercover and the grille, btw. :thumbsup:

flashbang756 08-27-2006 10:16 PM

Nice! I love the Undercover and the grille, btw. :thumbsup:

Thanks man! Next up is HD headlights and I think I'll be done for a while. :rolleyes: :D

medic2586 09-11-2006 04:38 PM

Chia
do you have any pics of the 700 and the bedrug in your truck? i am thinking of getting the same combo for my 06 screw.

CHIA 09-11-2006 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by medic2586
Chia
do you have any pics of the 700 and the bedrug in your truck? i am thinking of getting the same combo for my 06 screw.

I just uploaded my gallery today, so you can click on my little camera icon, or go to my other ones here: http://www.pbase.com/chia/my_truck , which are probably a bit better quality, and easier to view.

The bedrug and Leer 700 are a perfect match, and I can't imagine chosing anything else. I was leary at first, as the tonneau has a formed, or contoured type top, but after the canopy people swore up & down that it really enhanced the F150 lines, and would look good, I went for it.

Beauty is of course in the eye of the beholder, but I get nothing but compliments on this truck, and the Leer 700 is a big part of it.

CHIA

medic2586 09-11-2006 09:32 PM

it does look good....should look good on wedgewood blue....the bedrug is the light gray, right? i see they have a dark and light bedrug......thanks

CHIA 09-11-2006 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by medic2586
it does look good....should look good on wedgewood blue....the bedrug is the light gray, right? i see they have a dark and light bedrug......thanks

It's pretty much a charcoal colour, and I think it's only available in one shade, not two. It matches the factory Leer 700 liner very well....almost perfect.

The Leer 700 does has optional colours on the headliner, so make sure you chose the one that matches the Bedrug.

CHIA

Flash21 09-14-2006 10:31 PM

How does the bedrug react to constant water? Ex- no tonneau cover, putting wet things in the bed. Thinking of getting one, but I own a dock service, so wet stuff (floats, waders, wetsuits) are often in the back of my truck.

CHIA 09-14-2006 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Flash21
How does the bedrug react to constant water? Ex- no tonneau cover, putting wet things in the bed. Thinking of getting one, but I own a dock service, so wet stuff (floats, waders, wetsuits) are often in the back of my truck.

Closed cell foam under an almost marine grade carpet....works for boats, should work even better for the truck. It's really much more durable than pictures might suggest. Go on the website, I think they have a video of the rug going through the workout.....kinda neat.

CHIA

snappylips 09-14-2006 11:15 PM

***Same website has some Truxedo covers for a nice price. Truxedo Lo Pro for 351.99 including shipping.***

Flip,
Did you ever end up getting a tonneau, and if so, which one?

SL