Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How I made my spray-in liner decision

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 10:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How I made my spray-in liner decision

I went out today to look at spray-in liners. Here was my experience:

First went to the Line-X dealer. The first thing I noticed was the shop was extraordinary clean and tidy. The owner was there and took me into the back area of the shop and showed me some trucks they had just done. She also showed me how they applied the Line-X. She took me outside and showed me her own truck that had Line-X applied about a year ago. She explained the warranty, gave me a sample of the material, and a wrote up a price quote. She was extremely professional and it was obvious that she had her act together from a business perspective.

Next stop was the Rhino dealer. Complete opposite experience. The shop was dirty, greasy, grimy, smoky, etc. It was in an auto battery shop. I asked the guy if there were any trucks there with Rhino in them and was told that one just left and there were none there. He did give me a sample and told me how much better his product was than Line-X. I asked him about the warranty and his exact words were, “well…..that’s a gray area.” He said that he would work with other dealers if I moved and there was a problem. I was not convinced that would work – especially if he got out of the business. I told him I would come back next week to see a truck with it installed. As I was pulling out I thought to myself, shouldn’t the owner or some of the employees have Rhino in their trucks??? I drove on the side of the shop and there was a truck from the shop. One look and I was sold on Line-X!! It looked awful. The sides were all droopy and blotchy. But the most amazing thing was he had a rubber mat on top of the Rhino with a bunch of car parts. So why would the Rhino dealer use a rubber mat on top of the Rhino liner? No wonder he didn’t offer to show me his own truck!

My decision is clear. No thought needed. I’m going next Friday when I get back in town to get my liner.

Old 07-30-2005, 01:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You made the best possible decision man. Good luck, and TRUST me, you will not be disappointed with your decision!!!!!

Quick Reply: How I made my spray-in liner decision