Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

$700 for Line-X !!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 10:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, Nason can be applied after the original bedliner is sprayed, but it will not be as durable. Nason works best if applied right after the bedliner is sprayed. I've sprayed Nason several times on existing bedliners. I had a customer that bought a used white Chevy that had a green (yep, I said green) bedliner. The guy hated it but really could not afford to have it taken out and new liner put in. I offered to spray it with black Nason for $100. After we finished, the guy was THRILLED. He gave me $125!

Old 05-26-2005, 10:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TruckGasm,

Your information is invaluable - thanks. I'm going to go with the color match. Just need to work it into my schedule.

I'll post pics when it is done.

Old 05-26-2005, 10:57 PM
Yup--thanks for the info--and BTW 2005 KR--you will be happy you went that route--pics for sure when done please

Old 05-27-2005, 05:24 PM
2005-Ford-KR: Be SURE the LINE-X dealer uses Nason. If not, forget the color match. Good Luck and we're waiting for some pics!

Old 05-30-2005, 09:42 PM
TruckGasm,
you've got me concerned that my local LIne-X dealer does not use Nason? Is this something he should be aware of. Is color matching very common for the Line-X dealers. I've got two trucks that need a torreador red sprayed in but I'm worried this guy may not know about the nason. too bad you aren't in Florida!

Old 05-31-2005, 09:26 AM
Ask your LINE-X dealer if they just spray a pigmented liner OR do they use a urethane paint, such as Nason. If they just spray a pigmented liner, you better pass. If you wish, have your LINE-X dealer email me at linexwfw@sbcglobal.net

Old 06-08-2005, 01:41 PM
Line-X prices

Yes, my area (Las Vegas) charges $450 for base job and $200 additional for color match. By the way, once you have one done right, it looks awesome and its hard to go back.

Tpipe

Old 06-08-2005, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by TruckGasm
Ask your LINE-X dealer if they just spray a pigmented liner OR do they use a urethane paint, such as Nason. If they just spray a pigmented liner, you better pass. If you wish, have your LINE-X dealer email me at linexwfw@sbcglobal.net
TruckGasm,

Nason is a paint, right? I just bought a new '05 F150 and had the dealer do a black spray-in liner for $315. It is a Toff brand.

2 questions:

#1 Is Toff any good? Will it last?

#2 Being it is black, I expect it to fade. Say in a year or two when it is faded can I have it painted with black Nason to restore the color?

Old 06-09-2005, 09:21 AM
I'm familiar with Toff, which operates mostly in Texas. Myself and two other LINE-X dealers hired Toff's local sales rep. Toff has downsized in this area.

Toff is made of 100% polyurethane, just like Rhino. One way for you to keep your liner looking good as new is to occasionally spray some Just Once (www.justonce.com) on it. Just Once is like Armorall except it contains no silicones or oils so your bed won't be slippery. It also contains a UV protectorant, which is very important.

Nason works best if sprayed immediately after the bedliner is sprayed in. It can be sprayed on later, but it will not be as durable. If your planning on spraying Nason yourself, let me know, and I'll explain the whole process.

To specifically answer your questions:
1. As mentioned, Toff is 100% polyurethane just like Rhino. However, Toff has significantly less tensile strength and is softer than Rhino. They use a cold low pressure system just like Rhino. But, it has a higher tear strength and higher temperature tolerance than Rhino. It looks like Rhino, fades like Rhino, and will last as long as Rhino.
2. Keep putting on Just Once and it will always look good. Using Nason after a year or so can be done, but will not be as durable.

Last edited by TruckGasm; 06-09-2005 at 09:27 AM.

Quick Reply: $700 for Line-X !!!