Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drop-in Liner gripe

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 09:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drop-in Liner gripe

I bargined my best deal on my F-150 w/ dealer throwing in a drop-in bed liner "free"...

Some numnut in their prep crew proceeded to strip 3 of 6 screws attaching tailgate liner on. There are no threaded lugs etc so it's fastener mis-match w/ oversize SS washers to accomodate where the airtool's spin friction softened plastic and nearly pulled through on 4 of 6. With close inspection it could've been spotted on delivery...

Worth mentioning; for me it was only noticed 500 miles from dealer with missing fasteners lost out on Interstate.

Old 08-09-2004, 11:50 PM
Go back now...tell them you want it replaced with a new one...Be upset that they would do such poor workmanship on your Ford truck...

Old 08-10-2004, 12:32 AM
Aye, point of pride involved by getting the price I did - They will never hear a discouraging word from me about this truck. (~think 10k unspent~)

Also note: odor killers or air-fresheners & cleaners applied to showroom vehicles accumulate on carpets - don't sort your entire CD collection on passengers side carpet the day you bring it home. Every single one of my 12 had carpet weave etched into them & went unplayable while 500 miles from home >

Yet they will never hear me whine > This truck is blinkin perfect!

Old 08-10-2004, 11:03 AM
That sounds about right. They strip really easy. Loctite and very low hand torque for those who may do this. Good luck with your new ride.

Quick Reply: Drop-in Liner gripe