Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some opinions on spray-ins...

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2000, 11:54 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Need some opinions on spray-ins...

It's not a matter of whether or not to have it done, just a matter of which flavor to pick from? I don't like the look or feel of the Rhino (slippery). Does anyone happen to know what kind Ziebart used to use? I really liked that one and would like to have it done again, but from what I understand, Ziebart started using Rhino.... mutter, mutter, grumble... So what's the next choice? I'd like one that's not too slippery, and maybe even able to be tinted grey or white. (It's gonna be a white truck... black is just too much, plus with a grey one, in the summer, I used to be able to sit in the bed during my breaks at work... could be painful with black!)
Also, I don't generally do any major heavy hauling... couple of bags of cement, or some lumber, and maybe some furniture on occasion. I guess appearance is one of the top priorities for it.
Please, any opinions would be appreciated.
Thanx.

------------------
98 Explorer (Lemon Law Case in Progress)
Deposit on '00 F-150, X-cab, 4x4, Lariat, Off-road, Trailer Tow, Sunroof, currently missing the fuel filler door, but they're working on that..

Old 09-08-2000, 11:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am having Z-Liner applied today. Dealer told me it's the same as Rhino but with UV protection against fading. This shop just moved to a new location, been in business for years, all new equipment. I'll let you know how it turns out, my truck is white, too. Some of these "liner guys" operate out of backwater locations, the local Rhino dealer looks like a dump, afraid to leave my truck with those guys....

Old 09-08-2000, 02:13 PM
I just had a Line-X installed last week, excellent product, looks great and holds up great so far.
I've hauled a few yards of rocks around already and no problems or concerns.
I've spoke with a few truck accessory places and a few of the guys told me they feel Rhino will be out of business soon if they don't improve the product and application.

------------------
Mike Mueller
Antioch, CA
'01 SuperCrew Lariat 5.4L
(White,Gray Int, 3.55 LS Diff, Line-X)
'70 914
'95 GT RTS-1

Old 09-08-2000, 07:59 PM
I couldn't be more pleased with my liner, REALLY! I'm positive it will outlast the truck, and I like the look and texture To each his own, though. BTW, it's a Rhino.

Old 09-10-2000, 09:44 AM
I have my Z-Liner in my Supercrew, so far so good. I still have to trim around my bed extender slots, installer advised letting the liner cure for a few days. If you are getting Z-Liner/Rhino it is supposed to cure 72 hours before using it...didn't know that till I had the truck sprayed...

Old 09-10-2000, 10:36 AM
Thumbs up

Have a Linex liner and love it. It's about 1/16" to 3/32" thick with consistent texture, hard, yet grips well. Click on the "Ford Toys" link in my signature below for a picture, then go to the "Links" page for a Link to Linex's site if interested.

------------------
Click on any pic below for a closer look:
<A HREF="http://www.zing.com/picture/p2abd93669c9b434a38ea09136b4e6c1b/ff736561.jpg" TARGET=_blank> </A> <A HREF="http://www.zing.com/picture/p8bbc38a6b8da7299901c07d2740149c5/ffaf352e.jpg.orig.jpg" TARGET=_blank> </A> <A HREF="http://www.zing.com/picture/p18dfc566f482837068e8ff7599500eac/ffaf3443.jpg.orig.jpg" TARGET=_blank> </A> <A HREF="http://www.zing.com/picture/pbe7cf6fd92bd647780a60a53170b215f/ffaf34dc.jpg.orig.jpg" TARGET=_blank> </A>
2000 XLT Sport, Flareside, 2WD, SuperCab, 5.4L. Factory options: 3.55 LS, Class III tow, Dark graphite captains chairs & console w/CD changer, Remote entry , and Slider.
Mod Highlights: Window tint, light covers, Linex bedliner, ARE LSII lid, Flowmaster cat-back exhaust kit, Classic Design Concepts front bumper cover, and a Hellwig rear sway bar.
Wish list: K&N FIPK, Belltech 3/4 drop, and a SuperChip.
For details, go to: <A HREF="http://home.columbus.rr.com/selva1/f150.html" TARGET=_blank> </A>

[This message has been edited by selva1 (edited 09-10-2000).]

Old 09-10-2000, 03:30 PM
Cool

I have an Ultimate liner and it's excellent,
I guess the lid keeps it from fading but the
texture is very good. VERY skid resistant
and rubbery,after a year of loading and unloading. I just spray it with 409 or similar products and rinse it off,looks good as the day it was sprayed. All the samples of Rhinos' that I have seen are
very hard and slippery,although it looked
durable. Skid resistance was the breaker for me so I went with the Ultimate
Liner. good luck,it's a difficult descision,

------------------
98 F-150 4.6 Litre XLT2wd Ext. cab
prarie tan/tan int.
K/N gen.II fipk
custom dual exh/gibson rectangle tips/rear exiting.
color matched snuglid
Superchip!!!
Westin nerfs blk .powdercoat
Clear front corners
Cobra 75WXST cb w/weather alert
Kenwood cd w/Radio Shack speakers,don't laugh it sounds pretty good
On the way/wheels,tires,air dam, etc..etc.......
doin the monochromatic boogie
on the front end.Billet grilles on order
Hoping for deliverance from door crack hell.

Trending Topics

Old 09-10-2000, 10:27 PM
Question

Does anybody know what kind Ziebart used to use before they went to the Rhino liner?
I really liked that one, but nobody seems to know. I suppose I could just call them, but that would be too easy....
-Joe-

------------------
Deposit on '00 F-150, X-cab, 4x4, Lariat, Off-road, Trailer Tow, Sunroof, currently missing the fuel filler door, but they're working on that..

Old 09-10-2000, 10:30 PM
One more question for Selva1... How do you like the ARE Tonneau? How long have you had it, and how watertight is it? Also, how has the paint held up to abrasions, scratches, sitting in it, etc?

------------------

Quick Reply: Need some opinions on spray-ins...