Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bedliners

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2000, 09:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Bedliners

Does anybody know of a good way to keep your box from rusting when using a bedliner?

What do you guys prefer: the Ford bedliner or an aftermarket bedliner?

Thanks!!!

------------------
1999 Ford F-150 Regular Cab Flareside with the Off-Road Package

Old 01-26-2000, 09:17 PM
I went with the Ford mainly because it was convenient to have it installed before I picked the truck up, and I didn't have to hassle with taking it someplace else.

The aftermarket ones are cheaper, but the Ford one is thicker and not nearly as slippery when wet as the aftermarket one I had in my Ranger.

------------------
1999 XLT S/C, 4.2 V-6, auto, 3.55 rear, dark torreador red/harvest gold, bed liner, Sony 10 disc CD, Edelbrock IAS, K&N filter, Superchip

Old 01-26-2000, 09:27 PM
Hi Fordtech,
No real way to keep the bed from rusting w/a drop in(they vibrate while driving,rubs the paint off),check out the spray-on liners in your area,they are getting vary popular(been around for about 12yrs).Spray-on liners have many advantages over drop in's
like-
no rust
non skid
lifetime warranty
color matching
best fit you can get(air tight)
increased resale value(NADA,Kelly Bluebook)

good luck

------------------
97 f150 xlt lariat Super cab,offroad
5.4L
4" Trailmaster lift
35x12.5x16.5 Bfg tires
Centerline rims
Smittybilt nerf bars
Rhino bedliner
fiberglass ram air hood
Warn 9000XDI winch w/semi hidden mount

Old 01-26-2000, 09:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I went with an aftermarket bedliner strickly because of cost (I went to Ford and they wanted an additional $80.00)

I bought a Pendaliner, which is supposedly just like the FORD bedliner...same thickness, no logo. In fact, the place I bought mine installs different brands for all of the local dealerships...including FORD.

I guess it would be a good idea to take it out once a year to wash and wax the bed under the liner. When I took mine out of my 98 to put in my 2000...there was no rust, some very minor rubbing...no scratches.

--------------------------------------------
2000 F-150 XLT, 4x2, 5.4L Supercab, Styleside, Black with silver two-tone, 3.55, class III towing package with heavy duty cooling package, 4 wheel disk ABS, overhead console, sliding rear window, keyless entry, dark graphite interior, in dash CD, Pendaliner bedliner, K&N air filter, rubberized undercoating, cabin filtration system, Bugflector II, 5W-30 Mobil 1, engine build 10/4/99

[This message has been edited by Dustoff (edited 01-26-2000).]

Old 02-01-2000, 11:24 AM
Although I only recently purchased my F-150, in previous trucks, prior to installing the liner, I waxed the crap out of the bed, using a paste wax like Turtle Wax. I did *not* buff out the excess. It seemed to help substantially-- while it can't help eradicate wear spots, it absolutely helped keep trapped moisture from rusting.

Old 02-01-2000, 05:50 PM
I saw a product on "Shadetree Mechanic" specifically designed to go under plastic bed liners to protect the bed. I dont remember the name of the product or what it was made of, but Shadetree Mechanic has its' own web site you might be able to check there.
It's a place to look at least.

Hobbit

------------------
99 XLT,4.6L Auto,4X4,tow pkge,Factory Nerf Bars and Mudflaps, K&N filter,BugflectorII, Amazon Green/Silver, Pace Edwards Rolltop Cover, maybe a Superchip

Old 02-09-2000, 08:31 PM
I have used a spray on product called LPS-3 to inhibit rust on just about anything. I just bought a truck and will apply this before the bed liner goes in. It is a relatively heavy wax based product that really sticks, but is removable if you work at it. It comes in three grades (LPS 1, LPS 2, and LPS 3). The LPS 1 is about like WD-40 in consistancy. Not much good for rust inhibitor. The consistancy gets heavier as the number increases. Get it at better hardware stores.

Quick Reply: Bedliners