Lund Eclipse Hood Scoops?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2001, 05:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lund Eclipse Hood Scoops?

I'm just wondering has anyone tryed these hood scoops out. They are just stick on hood scoops. I was wondering if you have tryed them if you have any pics our what kind of comments you have about them. Thanks

Old 08-08-2001, 05:46 PM
I've seen pictures of them and to me they look cheap. Even in the pictures in lunds ads I look at it and say without knowing they are stick ons "those look like stick ons" just because of how they meet the hood. If they did a better job of contouring them so they looked more like real hood scoops, I might consider em... I just don't like things that look like cheap replacements for the real thing. True my oakleys were bought for $15 and are obviously not real oakley's, but they at least look the same, LOL.

Old 08-08-2001, 06:21 PM
I agree

I'd have to agree with MattAdams, they do look very fake and are easily spotted to be so. I'm not against a cheap mod,( i.e.- 3 Inch Block Kit = 30$ ). But the only question your ever gonna answer is "Are those functional"? They are probably the look that some want but not myself, I'll save my pennies for the real ram air hood!

Joe

Old 08-09-2001, 07:37 AM
I was just gonna post the same question. Wife wants a mach 1 style hood and a stereo system, can't afford both. Think the look decent, but not as good as the real thing of course. My questions are Would they blow off or come off in a car wash or something, and also if I didn't like them and wanted to take them off, would the tape ruin the paint? Any ideas?

Old 08-13-2001, 12:30 PM
Thats what I was thinking. If I don't like them what kind of damage would they do. Ya they are a cheap mod and I agree they do look cheap in the picture. I was hoping someone else tryed them and had opinions. Know I am going to have to go and buy a real hood.

Old 08-14-2001, 07:17 PM
The lund "scoops" are held on by a double sided tape, which should withstand carwashes and wind if applied correctly. Ventvisors, body side moldings are all held on by double sided tape. I would reccommend the 3M brand tape, since I have had good luck with them. The tape should not harm the paint. However, if it is left on for an extended period of time and the truck paint starts to fade, when you take scoops off, the paint underneath will be un faded and a difference might be noticed. They make a special adapter for an air drill that can take the tape off without harming the paint. Or you could use your hands and peel it off.

Good Luck

Old 08-14-2001, 07:21 PM
theres a car show near my house every friday night and last friday there was a 2000 expedition with those scoops on. i guess its all a mater of opinion, but i my opinion, they do not look good at all in real life. no offense intended to those who have them, just my opinion.

Quick Reply: Lund Eclipse Hood Scoops?