step or bars

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2001, 01:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
step or bars

Does anyone have any recommendations on steps or bars to install on 2001 F150 4x4 SC? The truck sits quite high and is a bit difficult for smaller people to get in. Also if someone is getting into the rear seats there is nothing for them to grab on to to assist. Thanks

Old 08-01-2001, 07:07 AM
For my '01 4x4 SCrew, I went with the Westin Platinum nerf bars and love them. They have plenty of room to step up on and look great, IMHO. The only minor negative remark I have to say about Westin is they mount to the body and not to the frame. Goodluck!

Old 08-01-2001, 10:02 AM
I purchased some side steps from Rancho. They are single step for each door, with the rounded tube, not the square tube.
They have a honeycomb mesh on as the step with raised shoe grabber's. They were only about $115 a set. I'm sure they make a four piece set for the Supercrews.

Old 08-01-2001, 12:34 PM
Talking

I'd highly recommend the factory running boards...like the one's I have for sale! Actually, they are really great. They keep stuff from splashing up onto the sides of the truck. And my 5'1" mom had little trouble getting up into the truck.
I just replaced them with Westin Platinum Chrome bars because I prefer the look. But now I have to buy splash gaurds to keep the sides of the truck clean(er). Get in touch if you're interested; kevin.tucker@eds.com

Old 08-03-2001, 01:26 AM
Rancho side stems

JPKaiser,
I saw your picture and really like the steps. I looked up Rancho on the net and gave them a call. They told me they discontinued those steps a year or so ago. Can you please tell me where you bought them so I can see if they have any more? Thanks:

Quick Reply: step or bars