Just installed clear corners

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2001, 08:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Just installed clear corners

These are great - I recommend them to anyone whos looking for a cheap aftermarket mod. They really do make a big difference and it only took about 15 mins to install. I found them cheap at AutoDynamic.com and this is one of the only places I found that has them for the early '97 models.

Old 07-15-2001, 02:32 PM
Question

Hey offroad guy, looking at getting the same thing since mine is the early 97 model; apparently a VERY early 97 model, just 2 quick questions: it says at autodynamic.com they will fit July 96-apr.97, but my manuf. date says 4/96; also, how do you install them, do you just take out the three screws holding the corner lense in?

Old 07-15-2001, 03:09 PM
Yes I also noticed that the dates said that and my truck was made in 5/96 and they fit fine. I called the guy and he said they would so I'm sure they will fit fine on yours. All you have to do is open the hood of your truck and remove that black plastic piece that had the warning decals on it and stuff. It's only held on by 8 screws or so. Then you look down behind where the headlights and corners are and there are two long metal vertical tabs. Pull these up and out and the whole headlight and corner assembly slips right out the front. If you dont understand what I mean, look in your owners manual it tells you in there. Definitely get them - they will fit your truck. Only took a few days for them to get here too! Good luck.

Old 08-15-2001, 02:40 PM
I know this is kinda late in the game but...

I ordered the very same set of clear cornors (july96-april 97) from autodynamic.com as my door label says 1/96. I guess I got a very early model of 97 (heck didn't know they even made them that soon). Anyways these things are 100% wrong. First, the ones I got are the Euro style (completly clear lens and diamond back face like a lightning) instead of like the picture on the webpage which is just a clear lens. Second the ones they sent were for the later models with the two alignment pins and the single screw on top. Another thing I noticed is that one the box label someone has marked out the part that says what years (96-98) the lens will fit and wrote in pen 93-97. I have called autodynamics and they are supposed to be sending me the return # and info.
What I want to know is has anyone else had this kind of trouble from them? Second did they resolve it in a timely manner? If it is not too much trouble I would like to know the part # for the regular clear cornors(not euro) for a early model truck. Sorry for the rambling but I hate when things like this happen and this is the secind set of clear cornors I have treid to get. The first ones I got from work were for the later model as well. It's just my luck to get the oddball truck.

Old 08-15-2001, 02:49 PM
I have had the same problem, but not from autodynamics. I got some on ebay for a hell of a deal. It said that they fit the 7/96-whatever. I dont remember. Well, Mine is a 6/96 man. date and the damn things didnt fit. I had the guy I bought them from send me a new set to see if they fit correctly. Big Surprise. They still didnt fit. Can you tell that I am kind of bitter??? Anyway, Offroad Guy, do you have a pic of the Back of your Clear Corners, so I would be able to see if they would fit mine? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
CJ

Old 08-17-2001, 11:23 PM
Well, as they say no news is good news. I called them up and about two hours later they had sent me my return authorization via email. So I boxed them back up and shipped them back thur morn via USPS Prioty insured mail. I shipped them back cheaper than what they sent them to me for. S&H here was 7.75 back it was only 6.30. I seen on the return she wrote cust ordered worng item, return for something like FF9700C. I wrote them a big long note, explain exactly what I needed as far as the mounting goes and how I wanted the "clear" lens not the Euro diamond stuff they sent me. I guess they should get their product back about Sat or Mon. Let ya all know what happens.

Quick Reply: Just installed clear corners