Some Recent Updates I thought I'd share!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 07:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Driving the one thing not everyone should be able to do.

I feel your pain. Hope you get things fixed up better then new.

Old 07-15-2009, 12:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks guys!

Update:

First off:
More bad news. When I went by the body shop yesterday, they had taken the hood off. I learned that I broke more stuff than I'd thought.
Seeing the hood off I learned that I cracked the radiator support and damages the radiator. I was looking at just buying some parts off of a forum member but I think that the insurance money is going straight to the dealer, so I'm not quite sure how that's gonna work. I have my OEM headlights and my OEM grille, so I was thinking that if I get stuck getting parts just from the dealer I can use the money for those at least towards a upper pad. While I want PTM upper and Lower, I can always paint the lower bumper, but every body shop I've talked to says It's a bad idea to paint the textured plastic.

Anyway here's some photos from yesterday at the body shop (Sorry about the quality, I was kinda shaky):

Although, on a more positive note; when I got to work this morning I saw that my center console finally got here. Maybe I can start building the box to go underneath it.

So does anybody want to measure the width, length and height of their jumpseat for me?

...on second thought, I'll add pictures at lunch seeing as boss man is up front too...

Old 07-15-2009, 01:22 PM
Here's a thought that my boss had that i want the forum's opinion on.
Tasca told me that the Hood was around a grand before their discount. So if I'm getting that much to replace it do you guys think that i should go with an aftermarket hood? Intake or something...
Food for thought anyway...

Old 07-15-2009, 01:42 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Yup! I was going to mention that. Get one you like and get it painted, probably just over what you would pay for an oem.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:49 PM
So I promised more pictures earlier, so here they are.
Center Console:

Of course I have to wait to get the truck back <facepalm/> but I think that I'm going to try and build a sub type box to lift the console up. I dunno, if it doesn't work I can return it.

Old 07-16-2009, 04:43 PM
so is the insurance paying for the truck to get fixed with your $1000 deductible or are you paying out your pocket to fix it?

Old 07-16-2009, 05:56 PM
I'm paying the first $1,000 and the insurance is paying the rest.

Old 07-16-2009, 07:57 PM
I agree with the hood idea. Get one you like and pay the difference before they order a new one. You might be able to do that on several of the other parts, if the dealer is willing to work with you.

KR-Texas

Old 07-16-2009, 08:01 PM
i'm going in there tomorrow morning.
they have the estimate by now, and they better not have ordered anything.
i have a few ideas, and i'm going to see what i can pull off.
the most important part to me is the PTM upper pad.
if i get stuck with the XL bumpers again, I call always paint the bumper, but i can't paint the pad.

we'll see....

oh, and the only hood that i've been really digging is the Saleen hood, put that's super pricey from what i've been seeing.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:12 PM
yeah make sure you work with them, and i'm sure you'll get what you want, my neighbor wrecked his 04 Lariat Screw the front end just like yours and needed basically everything but the fenders, it took them a month to fix the truck but he got what he wanted 06 PTM Bumper with round fogs, an aftermarket hood, foose valance and stripe decals, and i think he also got the foose grilles

Old 07-17-2009, 12:41 PM
Update:

First off I hate to give updates without pictures, but I'm going back later and I'll get pictures.

Okay, so I went by there today with my OEM Headlights and the OEM Grille, in hopes that I could use those parts and then use the money that I would have gotten for those towards a PTM upper bumper.

So I walked into the body shop office with the grille, and the guy says hi. He tells me that he's already gotten my parts in.

At this point, I'm thinking "crap i'm gonna get stuck with the XL parts." I start to follow him, and he takes me to a part of the shop that i've never been in before.

He tells me to look into this window, I saw a DSG hood, DSG upper pad and a DSG lower bumper with round fogs.

He asks me to verify that that's what I wanted. I said yes; he said that's good cause those are yours.

I am so freakin' happy about that. I have no idea how he pulled it off, seeing as they aren't charging me any more than they would have for the XL's! He told me to fit it in budget he didn't get the fog lights themselves though; so Dominic if your reading this I'll be calling you once I get paid.

Also, I will PM everyone that I've been talking to, but I was looking at getting some of these parts from some fourm members, but like I said they already got my parts in. While I'm happy to have them; I do wish they would have called me so that I could have kept you guys up to date on that.
So I do apologize about that.

When I went by I forgot to bring him the grille surround, so when I drop that off I'll get pictures.

...sorry, one other thing...

I'm not sure if they got me a lower valence or not, so I guess I'm looking for a 3D Carbon lower valence (What's on Foose Edition). So if anyone's selling one, let me know - I'd rather support the forum if I can.

Old 07-17-2009, 12:51 PM

Very glad to hear that man. That seems to be a nice guy to do that. Keep us updated.

Old 07-17-2009, 05:55 PM
I promised pictures, so here they are:

Over All:

New Radiator, and Support:

Close up of new support:

Fixed Dent on Fender (Why they took off the Badges, IDK...)

Close up on the fender:

They replaced the antenna mount. IDK why, mine was fine and looked better. Maybe it's just dusty or something...

Paint Booth :

MOAR!

That's all for now!

Old 07-17-2009, 10:43 PM

Old 07-18-2009, 11:56 AM
maybe they could shave your badges off ???

Quick Reply: Some Recent Updates I thought I'd share!