Question for the blackout fans.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 01:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question for the blackout fans.....

Okay now, there are some guys who hate chrome...... but then you probably agree that some colors work better when blacked out, than others.

Well, back when "I thought" I was going to go with some camo accents, I felt like I had no choice, but to go "blacked out" {not that I don't like a blacked out vehicle in the first place.... but not neccessarily with my color, Stone Green).

Anyway, recently (through photo shop) I found out that Stone Green, blacked out, turned out to be so dark overall, that the camo stood out like a sore thumb :-( So, the camo was out.

So then I start getting all excited thinking, I'm no longer constrained ! I can go with a bunch of chrome, chrome and black, whatever !
However, today I started thinking to myself, just because "I can go with chrome now", is that neccessarily what I want to do ?

So anyway, the reason I posted this directly to the black out fans, is because I don't think there is much doubt, chrome goes very well with Stone Green. So ask a guy who loves chrome anyway, and you already know the answer.
Now, the blackout theme goes great with white, yellow, red, silver, black (oh, and my favorite.... lime green... but that's for a Viper ;-)... Hmmm... but how about Stone Green ???

Now this is a "really rough" photo shop + my truck is going to have nicer / larger tires and wheels (no matter what color) + will be leveled + PTM Snugtop... but you get the idea..... {please don't let the sloppiness of the photoshopping deter you} To me it looks really tough.... military looking.... like I'd expect to see a 50 caliber machine gun mounted in the bed :-)

I guess what I'm asking is, even if a guy didn't care for chrome, would that same guy say to stick to chrome with this color ? ....or do you think a blackout could still work here ?

I'm not really tripping on this, as now I think both would work. Just curious.

Hmmmm,
Fish

PS, Hey BlackoutFX4, honestly, I think a truck set up just like yours (same mods) but with Stone Green, instead of black, would actually look VERY similar to yours, from a lot of different angles, and lighting conditions..... just sometimes, the corners would pop with gold mettallic ;-) After looking at my photoshop, you still don't think so ? If somebody gave you a Stone Green truck, "but you couldn't paint it" would you black it out, or chrome it ???

Last edited by Fish Chris; 06-07-2008 at 01:35 AM.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:52 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I like your truck better with chrome.However, I wouldn't add anymore.I think it has just the right amount of chrome as is.

Old 06-07-2008, 09:13 AM
I say black! I'm into that miltary look, very tough!

Old 06-07-2008, 09:48 AM
Hey guys.....

Nassty, well it's not quite "my truck" yet :-) Still waiting on mine. But I get what your saying. I was actually thinking of kind of a black and chrome mix though (wheels being black, and bright machined aluminum).

Right on Shane. Your truck looks good ! Is that Dark Stone ? Very nice color. That was my original color choice, until I found out that they discontinued it, and went to Stone Green in 08'. At first I was disapointed, but the more I see it, the more I like Stone Green. Both tough, outdoors'y looking colors though.

Peace,
Fish

Old 06-07-2008, 10:46 AM
I'm one of those guys who doesn't like chrome. But that's on my vehicle. I can still appreciate chrome on another guy's truck. I also don't care too much for green on my vehicle, but I can say that yours is very nice. Heck, I don't think there's many who like yellow on a vehicle either.

That said, I do think the chrome you have does accent your truck in that color very well and like said above, more wouldn't necessarily be a good thing.

As far as the photoshopped picture, I will agree, it does look very military and very tough. Well, it looks military if the military had shiny vehicles. It is a look that is very extreme though and wouldn't sit well with many folks and I can't say for sure if I'd even ever go that route. However, it would still be very trick and if it rings your bell for you then go ahead and do it.....and be sure to post pics! Just don't get your feelings hurt when a bunch of folks on here don't find it to be their cup of tea.

Old 06-07-2008, 11:21 AM
i think there are two ways you can go with this color

1. keep everything the way it is and level it with some nice big chrome wheels and A/T tires. that color with just the right amount of chrome looks "classy".. if that the look you are going for

2. PTM the bumpers,door handles,grill surround and even the nerf bars. by PTM i mean the green color not black. too much black wont flow correctly
2a. now for the black mods.. nice big black wheels with A/T tires, black headlights, tinted tails and black badges. with the right amount of green and black mods you will achieve a sick "military" look. but remember not to go crazy with too much black. just like chrome, do it in moderation when blacking out a truck thats not black,white,grey.

i say option 2 will look sweet im really interested in seeing a military style 150

Old 06-07-2008, 03:17 PM
i can't see any pictures, is it just me?

Trending Topics

Old 06-07-2008, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by cannonballgsu
i can't see any pictures, is it just me?
Its just you.

Old 06-07-2008, 03:37 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The pics were there this morning but now it looks like they are gone.

Old 06-07-2008, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by Mach-1
Its just you.
heard that before

i was going to do a little photoshopping

Old 06-07-2008, 06:56 PM
Talking

i personally say its your choice... i myself cant stand chrome, i removed all the chrome trim on my truck.... it does look a little military, but that was the look i was going for. eventually i plan on painting my truck to a flat black,with all the trim pieces being line-x 'd and taillights being smoked,with limo tint on all windows

Old 06-07-2008, 07:25 PM
Blackout put it best. A military look would be badass.

Old 06-08-2008, 12:02 AM

and

Last edited by cannonballgsu; 06-08-2008 at 12:18 AM.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:22 AM
^WOW! now thats a sick looking truck. im in the black out crowd(red and black obs) i think that you should go the route shown above or leave the bumper,handles and badges chrome with black wheels and steps. just a little chrome for some flash but still a nice mean look

Old 06-08-2008, 03:15 AM
Originally Posted by Fish Chris

Right on Shane. Your truck looks good ! Is that Dark Stone ? Very nice color. That was my original color choice, until I found out that they discontinued it, and went to Stone Green in 08'. At first I was disapointed, but the more I see it, the more I like Stone Green. Both tough, outdoors'y looking colors though.

Peace,
Fish
Thanks...it's Dark shadow gray.

Quick Reply: Question for the blackout fans.....