Black Fogs

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 03:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black Fogs

Well a fog light popped leaving little pieces of glass stuck in the bottom of the foglight, baked it and got the lense off and the little pieces of glass out,

I knoticed some black spots inside the lense, wrong.. it was the crome reflective surface coming off , so i tool the rest of it off gave them a quick spray and resealed.

I ordered a new chrome replacement from the local ford dealer for $50 but now im not sure if I should just black the other one and the headlights as well or just put the replacement in.

Old 06-05-2008, 03:59 PM
black it out and do the same with the heads

Old 06-05-2008, 04:01 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Black

Old 06-05-2008, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by azmidget91
black it out and do the same with the heads
X2!!!!

Old 06-05-2008, 04:35 PM
How's it look with the fog lights on? Light output still pretty good? If so, black it out! I may have to do that with my fogs at some point. I'd really like to have a black bumper first though.

- NCSU

Old 06-05-2008, 05:26 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
I agree with the blackout crowd, if your light output is still OK (and I doubt it will be). Here's what I'd do: Tape a piece of cardboard over on of the fogs and check the light output at night from the other one. Then, move the cardboard over to the other fog.

It would really be best if you had a helper outside to move the cardboard so that your night vision wouldn't get screwed up by working near lights that were on. (You'd see the change quicker this way too for better comparison). Alternatively, you could turn the lights off while you swap the cardboard.

- Jack

Old 06-05-2008, 07:17 PM
output will probably be diminished on the fogs , but really you dont use fogs to light up the road, i think the regular headlights will still accomplish this, i was more concerned with will there just be to much black in the front, the chrome grill is alot, add the headlights, and fogs, it does even it out a bit, im more concerned that if i black the fogs and go the harley style on the lights the grille may look out of place then. Im not sure. I have been trying some photoshop without any luck

Quick Reply: Black Fogs