Please help me out

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 01:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Please help me out

ok so im on the brink of whether to buy a white 08 screw 150 or stone green or black. personally i would like white now because i have delt with the hassle of keeping black clean.

So heres what i wanna see ANY 04-08 WHITE screws that have whatever on them.

i kinda dont like the chrome bumper but i dont want an FX4, so i guess the only thing i will change is to white door handles,

BUT JUST LET ME SEE ALL THE WHITE ONES FOR NOW!!!! POR FAVOR

Old 05-24-2008, 01:23 PM
wow no one with a whitey?

Old 05-24-2008, 01:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow !

What a question for me ! {btw, I'm ususally the far-left whacko anyway.... so don't mind me too much :-)

But here's the deal.... I've been driving a white truck for 11 years ! And I've hated that paint since day 1 !!! Just got a steal of a deal on it. Always wanted to paint it, but just never had an extra $3 or 4K to blow.

Yes, black (and nearly every other color under the sun) would have suited me better.... But black is just SOOO hard to keep clean.

Anyway, a month ago I ordered a Stone Green XLT, as this paint looks SOOO freaking cool (again, that's just MPO) + I believe it will work well with my color / styling scheme (for that matter, I think its just about the only new F150 color that would).
Now, from a lot of angles, and different lighting, Stone Green looks REALLY dark.... I mean like if its shaded, and at the right angle, you might mistake it for black... at a glance anyway, and with your sunglasses on. Therefor, one might assume that Stone Green would be hard to keep clean too.... However, after checking out a Stone Green F150 again last week, for a full minute..... I finally noticed (by looking at the chrome bumpers) how filthy this one was !
Damn ! For such a (sometimes) dark color, I've never seen one that hid dirt and water spots so well !

So anyway, I know this is a totally opinionated response, as I hated my old white Toyota.... and I'm just in love with the new Stone Green (as seem to be all of the guys who own an F150 this color). And again, black looks great when its clean.... but good luck keeping it that way.....

But alas, it all comes down to personal choice.

Peace,
Fish

PS, For many years, I haven't cared for a red truck either..... But lately, I have seen a few bright red F150's that were blacked out, and I think they look freaking cooler than $#!+ !

Or (remember I told you I'm ususally out there in left field somewhere :-) I think an F150, set up as a lowered street ride, would look freaking bombastic, in the Lime Green pearl, available on the new Chargers, and then completely dripping in "Black Chrome"..... {22" Black chrome wheels, bumpers, etc}
This might work better on a Tundra though, as they are more like "sports cars, trying to be a truck" :-) I love them too though. How many guys would tell you this on a Ford F150 forum :-)

Old 05-24-2008, 08:46 PM
thanks i appreciate it

any one with pictures though!??

Old 05-24-2008, 09:59 PM
I agree.....

I'd love to see some good photos of a Stone Green F150 on here :-)

I promise to post plenty of mine..... but it might be a few weeks before I get it, plus get it set up the way I want it....

Peace,
Fish

Old 05-25-2008, 02:09 PM
Suspended
Old 05-25-2008, 02:17 PM
White is Right! EZ to keep clean. I love it.

Trending Topics

Old 05-27-2008, 12:51 AM
ahhhhhhh im so whacked about colors right now.

im close the buying a silver FX4 but ughhhh i think i want black FX4 but then i see a good looking white lariat with black rims but the dealership i want to buy from doesnt have a white one without the chrome package

ahhhhhhhhhhh im just so confused!

Old 05-27-2008, 01:26 AM
I understand, and I would say to wait and find the truck you want. I was looking for a long time before I found the exact truck I wanted. I'm glad I did. I also like the white trucks without the chrome bumpers so I got the STX. I also wanted a Reg Cab and Flareside. I finally found it at a dealer 300 miles away last Sept. I did the deal on line, flew in and drove it home. I'm glad I got just what I wanted.

I love this site because everyone feels very strong about their truck and there are a ton of totally wicked trucks here.

Here's my white truck, I know you just wanted to see screws, but this is what I have.

Old 05-27-2008, 01:32 AM
why dont you get a white fx2 if you dont want the fx4.paint color was the hardest thing for me to choose as well i was going between dark shadow grey and silver.i love my dark shadow grey but i kinda in away wish i went silver.i dont see too many silver f150s like i used to.

Old 05-27-2008, 02:11 AM
well i need 4x4, idk there is something about a white FX4 that doesnt really appeal to me, i feel like maybe the chrome bumpers look better

but

i have never seen one in person and no one around here has one thats all white so if i saw it i could change my mind

i have to say both light and dark silver look good, personally i like light silver better but its just ill be stuck with this truck for awhile soooo

again its back to do i want to deal with the hassle of keeping it clean but having it look badass by blacking it out

or do i go silver and not have to worry about dirt so much but then my plans to do stuff to it kinda change

or white

Old 05-27-2008, 06:03 PM
you can still black out silver and white.it doesnt have the same effect as black but alot less hassle.i am blacking out dark shadow grey.heres a pic.pretty much you can black out alot of different colors.

Old 05-27-2008, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by italiano
you can still black out silver and white.it doesnt have the same effect as black but alot less hassle.i am blacking out dark shadow grey.heres a pic.pretty much you can black out alot of different colors.
that looks pretty good

those are the rims i wanted to get too

i think im going to go with light silver, im getting a pretty good deal on it, $39k out the door with basically everything that you can have except nav, which stock nav sucks anyway

I would really love to see a pic of the rockstars on a light silver 150

Old 05-27-2008, 07:38 PM
I have had all colors of vehicles and I keep going back to white.
https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?num=16598

Old 05-27-2008, 08:05 PM
Check my sig.........