Extang tonneau

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 01:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Extang tonneau

I have been considering putting a tonneau cover on the truck but keep getting stuck. I know its gonna be a soft tonneau but not sure on the style. I live in Ohio and keeping winters in consideration was thing about an Extang Full Tilt. I think it would give the most access to the bed being able to be rolled up in the summer or just opened up in the winter. I’m not sure if snaps or snap less is the way to go or if this type would even be good. Anyone have any experience with this type of soft tonneau? Ideas and recommendations would be great.

Old 04-24-2008, 03:50 AM
I have a Extang snapless one and love it. Its no a full tilt one but very easy to take off when i need to. In the Spring,Summer,and Fall I do some lawn mowing for family and load my rider and trimmer in back once a week. I think the snapless is alot easier to put on and take off than the snapped one would be, at the very least faster. I also like that its a cleaner look not having all the snaps running down the top of the bed. I leave mine on otherwise all year round and no probs. Now I try not to ever take it off in the winter because its impossible to get back on, but thats only because the material will NOT stretch enought to resecure it due to the cold.

Old 04-24-2008, 07:14 AM

If you can, I would highly recommend a Truxedo Lo Pro! I had a Extang Black Max, but hated the snaps! Majo PITA!!!! I love the Lo Pro.

Old 04-24-2008, 08:39 AM
I have a Sport Masters Soft Tonneau on my Truck right now. It is the hinged kind, just like the Extang Full Tilt you're looking at. I love in Michigan also so I don't have to tell you about our winters, they're the same as yours.

Personally, I love it. It is sooo much better than the roll up kind. Mine has the snaps on it and I did have to take it off a few times last winter. No big deal. They are nice because it allows easy access without having to unsnap it all the time.

Also, I keep a low profile toolbox in the bed and with the hinged tonneau, I can still access it without removing the cover or rolling it back.

As far as the winter goes, never had any issues with it whatsoever and it's been through 2 of them thus far. This last one was brutal also. I'll probably go with the same set up again on any future truck I may own.

I would recommend it.

Last edited by jk007; 04-24-2008 at 08:41 AM.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:53 AM
Not sure of the brand on mine...it came with the truck when I bought it. It's a snap type and survived the winter just fine here in northern Ohio. In fact, the snow piled on it pretty good since I rarely drive the truck. I just pulled the cover off for the first time to get ready to do a dirt bike run. It's not a lift up kind and isn't very convenient, but I didn't get to choose either. However the winters shouldn't give you too much of a problem with the stuff available out there.

Old 04-24-2008, 01:26 PM
i have the extang snapless and its easy to roll back and cover up...works great

Quick Reply: Extang tonneau