Amp Fuse keeps Blowing!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2002, 02:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amp Fuse keeps Blowing!

OK I have had my set up for about a year now with no problems. yesterday i wanted to re-route my RC jacks in a different location because i was getting allot of noise from them being right by the power line! (Another story) so i get everything the way i want it and the i plug everything back up and my fuse pops! ok i figure it was bad and but another one in, it pops! i un hook everything and disconnect the battery again and start all over! it pops again! I then take the time to check every single wire in my system and there are no exposed, crimped, bent or bad connections! ok so i figure everything is ok! i put my last fuse in and then check everythig again! and when i hook up the battery again, it the fuse blows again! what am i doing wrong or what is wrong with my amp! anyone out there who can tell me what i am doing wrong! please let me know!

Old 10-27-2002, 04:19 PM
It sounds like you have a short somewhere on the power wire.

Old 11-14-2002, 06:37 PM
If the fuse on the amp keeps blowing when power is going to it without any signs of shorting then I'm afraid your amp is trashed. BTW does this amp have a protection light and does it go on?

Old 11-18-2002, 12:06 PM
This just happened to me...Amp is toasted. You can get it repaired by a local repair shop but it depends on the amp. My amp was a really old school cheap amp from like 5 years ago so I didn't care.

Old 11-19-2002, 01:04 AM
Like everyone else said..there is something wrong with you wiring. Unless the amp is faulty.

most amps have a defect warrenty, so take it in and have it tested. Once you eliminate that, you can focus on your wires.

GOOD LUCK!

Old 11-20-2002, 01:33 PM
happened to me also, the amp shifted and grounded on the frame of the truck seat, after that it just keep blowing fuses.

send out

Old 12-06-2002, 10:31 PM
here's a quick way to find out. Unhook your power wire from the amp. replace the fuse. If it pops, you have a ground on the power wire. If it doesn't, get a voltmeter, place the pos. of the meter to the power wire then place the neg. side of the meter to the batt. side of the amp. If you get a voltage reading, you have a ground on your power supply inside the amp.

Quick Reply: Amp Fuse keeps Blowing!