amp problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2002, 12:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry amp problem

I've got a 1998 ext. cab f150. i've got a JVC head unit, and boston acoustic speakers. I was trying to install my sub and amp today, but for some reason it wouldn't work. it's a crunch amp, and a 10' MTX sub. i was looking at the 'remote' wire on the factory wiring harness, and there dosen't seem to be one. the 'remote' wire comes out of the back of the HU, into the next harness, but when it gets to the harness that goes to the rest of the truck, the wires don't seem to be there. is there another way to wire it, or am i S.O.L?

Old 07-20-2002, 08:51 AM
Splice off of the remote wire from the HU.....if you don't have a factory amp, which sounds like you don't, cut it off of the side going into the factory plug - its not needed.

Robbie

Old 07-20-2002, 10:08 AM
i'm not sure what you mean exactly, are you saying that i don't need to hook my amp up to the remote wire, or i need to hook it up to the wire, but cut it before it goes into the factory plug.

Old 07-23-2002, 11:14 AM
He means you should cut the remote wire where it meets the factory harness as the wire doesn't continue after that. After cutting it, splice a wire onto the end of the remote wire coming from your JVC HU and run it all the way to the remote on the amplifier.

Quick Reply: amp problem