Amp under driver's seat

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2002, 10:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amp under driver's seat

Do any of you have your amp under the driver's seat?
I was wondering what is the best route to run my RCA cables and speaker wire to the amp from the passenger side?

Thanks

Mike

Old 06-11-2002, 10:43 PM
Thumbs up I've got one there.

I've got my amp for my subs mounted under my driver's seat. all I did with the wires is tape them to a coat hanger and fish them under the carpet to a slit I cut under the seat near the amp. It was kind of a pain in the butt to do but I didn't want to pull the carpet out to do it. My other amp is mounted under the driver side rear seat and the wires are run the same way.
Hope this helps.

Bob

Old 06-11-2002, 11:36 PM
Re: I've got one there.

Originally posted by rtroha
I've got my amp for my subs mounted under my driver's seat. all I did with the wires is tape them to a coat hanger and fish them under the carpet to a slit I cut under the seat near the amp.
Thanks Bob.

Did you bring the wires behind the passenger seat and over the center hump or another route?
I was wondering how it would be to just bring the wires along side the transmission "hump" and under the driver's seat that way?

Mike

Old 06-12-2002, 10:04 AM
Actually I did both. I have some running under the carpet under the seat and some running along transmission tunnel under the seat. I'd say whichever way is easier for your would be the way to go.

Bob

Old 06-14-2002, 05:58 PM
I have my amp under the driver seat also. I ran high level wires from my stock radio, through the left side of the dash - all those little panels just come right off, then to the left corner post. I then took off all the plastic trim of the left kick panel, and the left door jam and came out under the carpet directly under the drivers seat. To get the speakers wires, I ran everything back this path, and then tied into the existing speaker wire harness back behind the radio.

Old 06-16-2002, 06:25 PM
Just be careful you don't run the power wires next to the signal wires, you'll cause distortion. I ran all my power wires down the drivers side sill, all the signal wires down the center hump. I have two amps sitting on the rear hump, in a custom built box, and then the smallest, third, amp is under my seat.

Old 06-17-2002, 08:32 PM
I mounted the amp under the driver's seat this weekend and it fit alright except the bar that you pull up on to move the seat rests on top of the amp. Have any of you taken this bar out and heated and bent it so that it wouldn't touch the amp?

Mike

Old 06-17-2002, 10:41 PM
Luckily my amp fit right in between the seat adjuster so I didn't have to bend anything.

Bob

Old 06-23-2002, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Mike V
I mounted the amp under the driver's seat this weekend and it fit alright except the bar that you pull up on to move the seat rests on top of the amp. Have any of you taken this bar out and heated and bent it so that it wouldn't touch the amp?

Mike

I am also interested in this. My driver's seat is power and the motor would interfere with my smaller amp. If I remove the handle on the passenger seat, I might be able to mount both of them under the seat. Looks like 4 bolts and its out.

Quick Reply: Amp under driver's seat