amp mounting in a reg cab

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2002, 03:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
amp mounting in a reg cab

Does anyone have any pictures or links of an amp rack for a reg cab F150? I am not sure how one would mount to the back of the cab there really isn't a flush surface to screw to.

Old 03-31-2002, 05:56 PM
Check out the thread under subwoofers called "Lets see your subs". There are alot of good install pics and if I'm not mistaken there are a couple of Lightnings that have some really nice sub boxes with amp racks built in.

Old 04-02-2002, 11:03 PM
i dont see that section anymore

Old 04-03-2002, 09:08 AM
Dunno. I've got mine mounted under the seats. Had a stereo stolen in college, BTDT. These days I prefer stealth - too many worthless punks running around. If you have to remove the seats to install the amps, the thief has to remove the seats too. That requires him to carry a T-55 Torx driver.

If you wanted to mount it to the rear wall, you could make an upholstered mounting plate out of something like 1/2" MDF and screw them into that. The rear wall has lots of double-walled steel which can be drilled.

If you are going to showcase your stuff, be sure to use security type drivers so the thief has to come very well prepared. I've used both the square socket and the two-pin variety throughout. They aren't cheap ($0.50/ea), but they will definitely deter a punk. A pro will have the tools, but probably won't trash your interior in the process. Check you local better (ie non-Depot) hardware store.

Old 04-22-2002, 05:20 PM
What kind of amp do you have? Do you already have it hooked up and are just now looking for a place to mount it? Does your amp get hot after playing it for a moderate amount of time? Something to think of is that most amps really arent made to be mounted vertically, that is why the heat sinks are put on the top of the amp (heat rises) and when mounting it vertically you lose the function of about half of your heat sink space. But if you don't have problems with overheating already, the you don't have much to worry about.

Old 04-23-2002, 02:10 PM
Mine are under my seats. Check out the pics in my gallery.

Quick Reply: amp mounting in a reg cab