need amp install advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2002, 09:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question need amp install advice

i have done a few sound systems before and i know you are supposed to keep the power wire to the amp away from the patch cords and speaker wires as much as possible. due to a custom install, i have no choice but to run a power wire for my rear subs over the 12 guage speaker wires for my left side of my 2001 screw. is there anything i can put between the two sets of wires to minimize interference? would really appreciate any help. thanx
im installing a california seriers profile 800sx amp and a 10'' pioneer vccs-dvc pro series (700 watt) any comments on the amp and speaker before i install?
thanx again

Old 01-28-2002, 08:33 AM
Use GOOD RCAs!!! Get the best Monster cables.....the black single line ones they make - you could run them with the power cable if you wanted......speaking of which - 12 gauge is pretty week for an amp......try at least 10 gau for a small amp.......I run 4 gau from my battery to a distrabution block, then 4 gauge power and ground to my big amp, and 8 gauge power and ground to my small amp.......

Monster Cable makes a great Magnetic Fuse too!

Robbie

Old 01-28-2002, 08:32 PM
thanks rwillek

i just wired up my truck and i used 4 guage to the amps and 6 guage to the speakers. so far i dont have any noise interference. i bought the best speaker wires i could find and the best power wires i could find. everything had really nice thick yet flexible casings and i added a piece of rubber hose to add some extra insulation where they cross each other. i have like 20 hours in it know but im getting there. just waiting one more amp and sub to come in from digitalwaves.com.
ill let you know how it sounds.
thanks again
-marcr

Quick Reply: need amp install advice