2005 f150 4-channel amp to power 4 stock speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 12:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 f150 4-channel amp to power 4 stock speakers?

So I have a road trip coming up and I just purchased the adapter and ipod RCA for the stock stereo with "aux" feature. My next problem is making the system loud and clear enough for highway.

The stock speakers really arn't too bad and I have a decent 4-channel amp. How would you go about powering the 4 existing door speakers (I have the f150 fx4 supercab, two 6x8's and two 5x7's) with the stock head unit and a 600-watt 4-channel?

I have searched the forums but all I come up with is mono and 2-channel amps just trying to rip the bass information from the stock head units to power a sub. I'm wondering if you would do it the same or differently?

Thanks

Old 04-17-2012, 01:01 PM
9-wire will be your friend. You'll have to run it from the headunits speaker outs to the inputs on the amp, assuming it can take line level inputs, other wise you'll need a loc or something else to convert the signal so you can run rca's. And then depending on the amps rms power you'll either have to run a set of wires back up to the HU so you can use the factory wiring to get the power to the speakers or if it's more than like 50ish watts rms or so you'll have to make new runs of speaker wire from the amp to the door speakers.

Depending how much power that amp put's out rms wise, I think it'll be too much for the factory speakers though.

Old 04-17-2012, 01:07 PM
Thanks for the info. After asking some people around my area I kind of came to the same conclusion. It looks like replacing the HU and new speakers is the best way to go. No beneficial work arounds here.

Old 04-17-2012, 01:39 PM
You'll still definitely see some gains if you keep the stock head unit and go with new speakers whether they be amped or not. Or even going to a new headunit and new speakers and skipping the amp would be better than what you have. Doing all three would be best but it all comes down to your budget and the amount of time you'll have haha.

Quick Reply: 2005 f150 4-channel amp to power 4 stock speakers?