Amp Installation.

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 07:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amp Installation.

Hello all, just joined the forum today. Pretty sick stuff you guys have. I use to have a Silver 2001 F150 bagged custom sued and leather interior super custom audio system the works. But I traded it in for my 2004 F150 about 7 years ago.

Going from a completely custom bagged f150 to driving a stocker for 7 years has been painful. So its time to customize. I have a complete Diamond audio stereo system. I saw the other post complete install, https://www.f150online.com/forums/ot...ml?ref=esp-img. Awesome job. I am basically doing the same exact thing except my truck is a super cab and my amps are D7's

D7052 and D7054 so the amps are a bit larger. I'm wondering if anyone knows whether or not they will fit behind the rear seat back?

Old 09-05-2011, 08:04 PM
I would try to mock them up with some cardboard and go test fit them. But remember you need to leave a little room for airflow back there, you don't want them overheating all the time haha

Old 09-05-2011, 08:36 PM
Haha, ya that would suck. Thanks for the tip. I'll keep this thread updated as I figure this out. Worst case I install some small DC fans to blow are through there.

Old 09-09-2011, 10:22 AM
A lot of people mount them on the back wall with 5/8 MDF; I see this as unnecessary. For more room I just basically placed my amps against the back wall on the floor, the seat is enough to anchor the amps. Mounting them is just for show, no performance. So you could try doing that; that should give you plenty of room for them.

Quick Reply: Amp Installation.